in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2007 4:03 PM by nobby. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2007 6:50 PM

MX3500 Problem

First off - hello; new forum member here Smile

Seems I have a problem with my MX3500 Sad

It was disconnected from the mains earlier today as the plug was needed for something else - it is normally on. It has been faultless until now.

On plugging back in this evening I was greated with a quiet "whoop - whoop - whoop" noise together with the red standby LED flashing on/off  which is how it now seems to be. I've checked the connection in the plug and all OK so it would seem that there is a potential problem with the PSU ?

I notice there is a recent thread started by Jens with regard his PSU - mine doesn't sem completey dead but I don't have any service info or tried to take a look in the back as yet.

Would anybody have any idea/suggestions as to problem or what component may be the trouble maker if it is a "Known issue" ?

Many thanks in advance

Beer Cheers

Freddy. 

• 05-04-2007 4:34 AM In reply to

Re: MX3500 Problem

Does sound like a component failure. Where do you live as we maybe can suggest someone local to help.
  • 05-08-2007 9:34 AM In reply to

Thanks Peter - any recomendations (official B&O or independant who knows their stuff) in the W. Yorkshire area would be great. What are B&O like for supplying say the PSU as a part ? (if they do at all ?)

Regards

Freddy

• 05-13-2007 11:39 AM In reply to

If you are ever down south, I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

Neil

• 05-14-2007 4:32 PM In reply to

Thanks Neil - no plans at the moment :-(

Looks like my only option is to speak to B&O in Leeds and see what they have to say. I was pretty busyt last week so haven't really missed it yet !

Regards

• 05-14-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

hmm ... beware leaving anything with them as they will likely charge you £50 just to take the back off.
  • 05-14-2007 4:48 PM In reply to

I will have a dig around to see if I have a spare power supply that i can send you to try.

if it solves the problem, we can come to some arrangement ;)

N

• 05-15-2007 5:39 PM In reply to

nobby:
    hmm ... beware leaving anything with them as they will likely charge you £50 just to take the back off.

Yeh, thats the problem but I don't seem to be able to find anybody else in the area who may be able to help though :-(

I haven't given them a call yet but I expect a "Well you'll need to bring it in first" by which time they are close to having you by the short and curlies !

I'm happy to take a look at the PSU myself (assuming it is that ? Dangerous to assume !)  if I knew what I might need to look for - I was hoping it might be a "known problem" :-)

Many thanks

• 05-15-2007 5:42 PM In reply to

nobby:

I will have a dig around to see if I have a spare power supply that i can send you to try.

if it solves the problem, we can come to some arrangement ;)

N

Aha....something like that would be great. Do you know if the MX3500 PSU is compatable with anything else - I guess the MX5500 at least ?

I've looked on FleBay without any luck.

Let me know if you find anything in your "come in handy box" :-)

Cheers

FF.

• 05-17-2007 4:03 PM In reply to

ok, will do ;o)
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)