in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2007 5:18 AM by andy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2007 10:31 AM

Speaker Compatabilty

Hi,

I have recently bought a BEOSOUND 9000 however it came without speakers.

My question is would BOSE speakers work with this system?

thanks

• 05-16-2007 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Speaker Compatabilty

Yes, but you will need a power amplifier. However do think first! B&O is one of the leading makers of top quality speakers in the world. They have released two speakers recently - the Beolab 5 and 9 - which have been feted by the Hi-Fi press as some of the best available. Even the smaller ones are subject to rigorous testing and match the systems B&O make in sound and design.

Bose are rarely tested by the Hi-Fi press but offer a certain design type and sound that is liked by many. I would not however mark them as competitors. Have a listen to some B&O speakers against the Bose ones and then decide. B&O do make an external amplifier which will allow you to use the Bose speakers though. 

• 05-16-2007 10:42 AM In reply to

Peter

thank you for your quick response, I will go and have a listen to the different BeoLabs avaialble...

2 further quick questions

1) Where can i buy a power amplifier

2) Where can i buy some 2nd hand B&O speakers from as budget is quite tight for me at this moment in time

thanks

Rob 

• 05-16-2007 10:49 AM In reply to

If you are reasonably handy, any reasonable power amp will do - the B&O one is called a MCL2P and is available second hand. You could also use something like a Quad 405 power amplifier which Graham, another moderator favours for good reason.

LifestyleAV if you are in the UK offers a good range of used Beolab speakers - I favour Beolab 4000s for sound quality at a reasonable price.

In your case, I would consider using your Bose speakers with a cheap power amplifier until you can afford to upgrade - if that is what you have! 

• 05-16-2007 10:54 AM In reply to

Thanks peter, i will have to make doo with the bose speakers until december but i will try and find a quad 405 or a mcl2p 2nd hand,

if anyone has any further suggestions or has any 2nd hand in good condition speakers or the above equpiment give me a shout i would be very greatful

• 05-17-2007 5:18 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

rob

i have a mcl2p to hand..its actually peters old one..let me know if your interested

andy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)