in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-15-2008 10:01 AM by tournedos. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2008 10:58 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Avant 28 DVD

Hey does anyone know if the AVANT has a built in radio tuner? It seems to be an all in one product but there is no mention of whether or not it also incorporates an AM/FM tuner...

Cheers! 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-14-2008 11:03 AM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Re: Avant 28 DVD

There is no radio tuner inside. This is neither an option.

If you use a sat-decoder you can hear sat-radio via the sat-decoder, no AM/FM!

I want a BV 10

• 09-14-2008 9:51 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

How silly! It has everything but the kitchen sink and a radio!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-15-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

I could never understand why all tv's, not just B&O havent had radio tuners in them since the 60's. Its not like a tuner takes up much room and you have an amp, speakers and aerial already there. I suppose its just a way of making you buy another product. If there is a technical reason for not doing this could some one let me know as it has puzzled me for years.
  • 09-15-2008 10:01 AM In reply to

One technical reason I can think of is that the power supply of most televisions can run in just two modes: standby mode that keeps the CPU and remote control receiver running (and can't do anything else), and "full blast" when the high voltage supply and picture tube are on. Using it for just audio would require something in between. Most sets just aren't designed to do that, short of some from our favourite brand: they have a separate audio only mode which runs the power supply in reduced output mode, and only turns on the audio amplifiers and signal routing.

I did have a domestic TV set (Salora) way back that had an optional FM tuner. Worked just fine, but it felt a little stupid having the tube whistling on with a black picture while listening to radio.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)