in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-19-2008 8:57 AM by BMGHB. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2008 4:48 PM

• rauss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

beousound 3200 setup

Hi everybody,

I'm a new owner of a Beosound 3200 which I rececived as a present last week. I am having problems setting it up as I can not get it to work. The doors open, I load a CD, but nothing happens. I press the CD button, and "wait" appears on the screen for 3 seconds and nothing happens either. There is a small red light blinking on the right but don't find anything in the manual.

I got this from my brother who sent it to me from USA and I live in Spain, so before going to an official retailer here would like to see if anyone knows what may happen as it might have an easy solution.

Any idea?????

Thanks

• 09-14-2008 4:58 PM In reply to

Re: beousound 3200 setup

Has he given you the PIN code? Having said that, normally the display would read PIN rather than Wait.
  • 09-14-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

How about a voltage issue, seeing it's from US and you are using it in EU?
  • 09-15-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

• rauss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Peter

No I have not any PIN, but I guess it would ask to introduce it first no????

I have it connected to my home theater system with an adaptor. Is it possible it detects that as I only have connected one of the pins of the beosound????. I see you should connect one speaker (right) and one to the left if I had b&o speakers.

I dont' know

Thanks for your help

• 09-15-2008 5:25 PM In reply to

• rauss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

gorisek,

I hava a voltage converter connected so I don't think has nothing to do as if it was this it wouldn't work at all. The problem is there is a red light blinking....

I have it connected to my home theater system with an adaptor. Is it possible it detects that as I only have connected one of the pins of the beosound????. I see you should connect one speaker (right) and one to the left if I had b&o speakers.

Thanks

• 09-15-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi and welcome to BeoWorld.

All main B&O products are shipped with a 4 digit pin code. If the unit is disconnected from the mains for more than 30 minutes, the pin code locks the product when you switch it back on.

Normally when you re-connect the mains supply and switch on, you will be prompted for the pin. If you are being told to "wait" it is because the wrong pin code has been entered five times. You need to leave the BeoSound 3200 connected to the mains for about 4 hours before you get another five attempts.

From my experience, it is not possible for a dealer in one country to retrieve the pin code for a product supplied in another country. So in this instance a dealer in Spain will not be able to log on and get the pin code for US item.  

Hope that helps.

Opman 

• 09-15-2008 5:46 PM In reply to

Opman:

Hi and welcome to BeoWorld.

All main B&O products are shipped with a 4 digit pin code. If the unit is disconnected from the mains for more than 30 minutes, the pin code locks the product when you switch it back on.

Normally when you re-connect the mains supply and switch on, you will be prompted for the pin. If you are being told to "wait" it is because the wrong pin code has been entered five times. You need to leave the BeoSound 3200 connected to the mains for about 4 hours before you get another five attempts.

From my experience, it is not possible for a dealer in one country to retrieve the pin code for a product supplied in another country. So in this instance a dealer in Spain will not be able to log on and get the pin code for US item.  

Hope that helps.

Opman 

Having studied the user manual I agree with Opman.

Regards Graham

• 09-16-2008 2:19 AM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

I verified it on mine.  5 incorrect PIN entries sent it into 'Wait' mode, with red light flashing.

• 09-18-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

• rauss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Opman,

Thanks for you answer. I will try to see if I can get this pin number somehow, but I doubt it. I have red in the manuel that you can obtain a master code from Bang olufsen, do you mean this master code would not be possible to get here in Spain for this item that was bought in the US??????. I travel quite a lot to US could I get it there from a retailer???. What would I have ti give them a serial number or something???

Thanks again

• 09-18-2008 6:23 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

You will need the 8-digit serial number for your unit, and probably some prof of ownership of the unit.  Given that a US dealer should be able to get you the PIN code in a matter of second (depending on how fast the hamsters are crawling through the intertubes to and from Denmark.)

Actually, your brother ought to be able to get it for you with no trouble at all, have him check with the shop he got it from. 

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 09-18-2008 6:26 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi Rauss

Yes, when you buy a product from a dealer, they supply the 4 digit pin which they obtain from the B&O server in Denmark. They can only acquire the pin numbers for their country.

If you travel to the USA you will need the serial number and ideally some proof of purchase as well.  This is the whole point of the pin code. It makes it difficult for illegal owners to use the product.

The customer has the opportunity, once the product is unlocked, to change the pin or deactivate. If the pin is changed and then forgotten, the dealer can order a Mastercode from Denmark. This is a seven digit code that will unlock the product. Again, this has to be applied for through Denmark and will only be issued on verification of the rightful owner applying.

When a Mastercode has been used once, the system resets and should it be required a new Mastercode has to be requested.

This is a really ingenius system that if only the criminal fraternity were made aware of, would reduce many thefts I'm sure.

Hope that helps.

Opman

• 09-19-2008 8:57 AM In reply to

Having read all the other posts i have to say that; i have seen some(two or three BS3200's) which when faulty also writes WAIT in display.

Im not saying it is, but if the other answers doesnt help, you have to bring it a serviecenter

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)