in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-21-2011 10:29 AM by Søren Mexico. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2011 4:16 PM

Fixing cassettedeck buttons on Beocenter 2002

'Evening all,

It's friday evening and this seems to be a good time to share some results on a little project that have done last year:  fixing casettedeckbuttons on my beocenter 2002 system. And although the topic catagory is described as Advanced Technical Forum for discussion of Bang & Olufsen products at component level it has all been done with some superglue and tie-wraps.Unsure

Cassettedeck buttons seem to be missing at many of the Beocenters 2002 offered. Most of the times they are not missing but the button is broken (cracked) on the bottom/inside and is therefore pushed in too far or even pushed under cassetdeck panel.That's at least where I have found my two 'missing' buttons.

Beocenter 2002 is -luckily- relativly easy to fix because each segment (cassette / turntable / radio) can be taken out seperatly. Just unscrew a few screws on the backplate which hold the three segments and therafter you can easily lift out the segment that you need to work on.

This is how I purchased the Beocenter 2002, on the left you see the two buttons 'missing'. It was also advertised as that.

Edit: this is a very bad picture, sorry

The next two pictures shows the cassettedeck taken out and upside down with the buttons facing me. It shows where the buttons are missing and needed to be put back in/on.Empty holes needed to be filled with a small metal pin (also found these in the Beocenter) and over this metal pin the button is connected )if in one piece though)

Since the missing buttons were found in the set (1 was cracked in two, the other one was on it's way to split in 2) I have put al back together and glued the broken buttons back together (no picture, sorry). To strengthen this 'glue-fix' and also to prevent the still function buttons from breaking I have tie-wrapped all of them (except one).

The end result

With regret I have sold the set once I moved to Sweden, there just wasn't enough space. Sad

But my advise to all would be, do not run amway directly from sets with missing buttons, with some luck they're there and can be easily fixed.

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 05-21-2011 7:07 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Re: Fixing cassettedeck buttons on Beocenter 2002

Hi Ferdinand

I was pleased to read about your success in fixing those switch levers and always get excited when I hear that some lateral thinking has saved yet another machine.  It is not unusual to find that the simple fixes are often the best and with a bit of ingenuity, one can squeeze out many extra years of good performance.  The repair might not look the best but aesthetics are relatively unimportant when they are hidden away.

Well done and please publish more ideas when you get them

Regards

Geoff  

• 05-21-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Fixing cassettedeck buttons on Beocenter 2002

geearr:
    Well done and please publish more ideas when you get them

Yes, and with beautiful pics to show how, I learn something new everyday on this forum, its amazing, thank you

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)