in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2009 5:53 AM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2009 5:42 PM

urgent question earset 3

Hello everybody, I have a question about the Earset 3. Today I went to a B&O store to buy A8's. When I came home I recognized that they gave me an Earset3. Can I use it with my IPod, is it as good as the A8's and can I use it with my Nokia mobile?A quick reply is very important as i am on holiday and fly back home on friday.Thanks in advance Ralf
  • 03-18-2009 5:59 PM In reply to

Re: urgent question earset 3

Same as A8s but with a microphone. Whether it works with the Nokia depends on the connector. Try them! Personally I would ring the store and tell them though.

• 03-18-2009 6:01 PM In reply to

Hi Ralf,

From memory, I think Earset 3 has a 2.5mm stereo TRS plug fitted, whereas Apple products use a 3.5mm plug.  Hence, you will need an adapter to convert this.  This is fairly simple and I'm just awaiting the parts to produce one for another customer at the moment.  The complication comes if you want to use a 1st generation iPhone, as this has the TRS socket hidden inside a 6mm wide indentation... Sad

So basically, it won't work straight out of the box, but it can be sorted out.  Let me know if you need any assistance.

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 03-18-2009 6:18 PM In reply to

The EarSet 3 uses a standard mini-jack. It works with any standard headphone jack including Apple products. It can even plug into the first generation iPhone without adaptation. The issue will be mobile phones which, unlike music players, tend to have almost no standardization to their jacks.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-18-2009 6:24 PM In reply to

@Peter Thank you: Testing is quite difficult as my IPod is in Germany and i am in gran canaria,butit worked well with my PSP. @ Steve It has a 3.5mm jack. I want to use it with an Ipod video. Does anybody know which adaptors B&O sells for it. Ralf
  • 03-18-2009 6:26 PM In reply to

Hi TripEnglish,

Thanks for that information!  I was assured by my customer that his EarSet 3 had a 2.5mm minijack that would not fit his iPhone, but I don't have one here at the moment to check the connector size.  I will look into this further!

Thanks again,

Steve.

• 03-18-2009 6:33 PM In reply to

Earset 3s are sold at Apple Stores in the US for $199 with no need for an adapter....

As far as I know, its a 3.5mm minijack

Nearly picked up a set for my iphone on my last trip, bought the new mini instead!

• 03-19-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

Hi Guys,

I've just checked and my customer needs an adapter for an Earset 1, not Earset 3 - hence the confusion! Confused

Earset 1 has the smaller 2.5mm plug, whereas Earset 3 has the standard 3.5mm plug.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)