in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 12:18 PM by The_Beonic_Man. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2009 12:42 PM

Help with serial numbers for a BV6-26 please...

What year please is the following serial number for a BV6-26?

Serial No: 18522559

With thanks,
    Simon.

• 02-08-2009 1:45 PM In reply to

Re: Help with serial numbers for a BV6-26 please...

2004/2005

Regards Graham

• 02-08-2009 11:10 PM In reply to

Many thanks Graham, its for the TV that is currently listed on eBay. What do you think? Fair price? Could have done a lot of viewing and the listing says it was bought ex demo. Close wall mount included as is the Beo 4. Not sure on this one.

Simon.

• 02-09-2009 3:11 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I've said this before - and been flamed down for it - but I wouldn't buy B&O kit on eBay. The two products I bought both had chips and dents, when described as 'mint'. The phone I bought was unusable.

I'd buy via LifeStyle or ex-demo kit from my dealer. Besides, I thought you said you were keen to buy from the dealer?

• 02-09-2009 5:04 AM In reply to

Looks OK on the surface. I suggest that you don't buy unless you are willing to collect. You then inspect before parting with your cash!

@moxxey. The vast majority of ebay sellers, especially those who use ebay as their shop window, do provide 100% satisfactory goods and services including items of B&O equipment. The advertising rules of this site prevent me providing examples to back up my point.

Good service DOES NOT mean that you have to sell via expensive websites or retail premises and charge excessive prices like the company you mention. There is another way!

Regards Graham

• 02-09-2009 5:36 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Joey, you were the one who replied last time and said exactly the same thing. I guess you do a lot of trade eBay and this is a sensitive area.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, but I disagree. For top quality items such as a B&O TV, I'd stick with ex-demo kit from my dealer, LifeStyle, MoreThanAV and so on. Particularly those I can place an order via my credit card.

• 02-09-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Joey, you were the one who replied last time and said exactly the same thing. I guess you do a lot of trade eBay and this is a sensitive area.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, but I disagree. For top quality items such as a B&O TV, I'd stick with ex-demo kit from my dealer, LifeStyle, MoreThanAV and so on. Particularly those I can place an order via my credit card.

That's OK moxxey, we accept most major brands of credit and debit cards (except Amex) so you will be quite safe with me!!

Regards Graham

• 02-12-2009 12:18 PM In reply to

Thanks Joey, went for the BV6-26 in the end. Decided against the one on Ebay as I was a little weary as to not knowing too much about its background. Got one from local dealer instead which was October 2005 although I wouldn't even know if the screen was any better than the 2004 version or not. I didn't find the picture quality to be that good really, but it was between that or the BV8 and I was advised very strongly that the BV6 had the better pircture between the two and contrast screen etc. I guess I could always change it over again if I can't live with it but I am sure I'll get used to it! Anyway, thanks for your input.

Simon.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)