in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2008 2:58 AM by Keith Saunders. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2008 10:30 AM

Beovision 1 - format changing

Hi.

I've just attached a wireless scart transmitter/reciever system between my DVD and my Beovision 1.

The picture comes out perfect, with no interference in the quality or anything.

But the problem is that the picture keeps changing between format 1 and format 2 on the TV. I can't just choose one of the format, and save this. My guess is that the signal isn't consistant because of some kind og interference, but it is kind of odd, because the picture is good.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this?

Kind regards

Simon, Denmark 

• 07-20-2008 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 1 - format changing

Simon,

A Very warm welcome to Beoworld..

Your problem is almosts certainly caused by pin 8 on the SCART floating because it is not translated by your converter.

Pin 8 has two functions in the B&O world, first it transmits link data to supported products such as a DVD1, but its main use is format control which is achieved by changing the DC level on pin 8. Because pin 8 is floating (i.e. not connected to anything) it picks up noise from any other wire, that's why it keeps changing.

The best way to solve the problem is connect pin 8 of the SCART at the Beovision to the ground shield.

Regards Keith....

• 07-20-2008 1:37 PM In reply to

Dear Keith

Thank you very much for your answer.

Just to be sure that I have understood it correct! I open up my Beovision and connect pin 8 of the scart to the ground shield?

I presume that the ground shield is the same as the frame of the television?

Kind regards

Simon 

• 07-21-2008 2:58 AM In reply to

Simon,

You need do nothing as complex as opening up the Beovision, just open one end of the SCART plug which you use to plug into the Beovision and connect pin 8 to the shield pin. You could also remove the wire from pin 8 on the SCART which plugs into the Beovision instead if you wish which will stop the noise pickup.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)