in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-14-2007 2:42 AM by GuyTelefunken. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2007 2:42 AM

AV7000 Software Versions & Capabilities

I am looking for a list of supported devices and operations of each with various firmware versions of the AV7000. I have an AV7000 with SW 1.12. I am aware that newer versions are available (latest 2.04?) I can't seem to get a definite answer from my dealer about what devices the newer firmware supports.

Particularly, I am interested in using the number keys (0-9) for modes other than TV. From what I can tell, this is not possible with older SW. My intentions are to use the AV7000 as a gateway between the ML in the house (via a Beolink converter) to control a satellite and an XM radio receiver. The output codes (any TV, VCR, etc.) from the AV7000 are fed through a Lintronic TT455-RT-238 code convertor and then off to the Satellite and XM.

I suppose I could use the number keys in the Cable net decoder mode, mentioned in the AV7000 user manual? First off, I have no idea how to access this elusive mode on the AV7000. What is the source key sequence? Mysteriously, access to this "cable mode" is not mentioned in the English Reference Guide.

More questions arise: Will I be able to access and control the inputs on the AV7000 from other link rooms? The house has an existing ML network so therefore a Beolink converter Type 1612, SW 1.3 will be necessary to tap into the ML. Does anyone have info on the Beolink converter SW 1.35S specifically for the Beo4 and the AV7000? What is different between SW 1.3 and 1.35s?

Let me say in closing that I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me make this work.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)