in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2008 9:05 AM by Coolblue86. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2008 9:35 AM

Christmas Present doesn´t work...

hello friends,

got a beo5 remote fpr christmas yesterday.

i downloaded the configuration tool found in the internet, but i can´t configurate it!

i stuck at the point "zones". in the program itself it should work, but the remote does not work! when i click on a zone nothing happens.

i got firmware 1.3a and software 1.3.

hope you can help me.

merry chrsitmas and greetings from germany

dominik 

• 12-25-2008 8:39 PM In reply to

Re: Christmas Present doesn´t work...

Hi there, how many zones do you want to implement?

It should work like this:

- Create a Zone

- Choose the Zone in the next tab

- Add all your components

- Modify the settings

Just follow all the steps and it should work, if you have any trouble, send me a PM...

rgds

ultra

• 12-27-2008 6:07 AM In reply to

thanks!

oh no, i solved the problem, i´m such an id...t!

i own a apple iPhone and use the beo5 as a iPhone. i didn´t pressed hard enough on the screen and so the remote didn´t work. i´m sorry for this useless post :-(

but i hope you can help me with 2 new questions:

1. i got a beocenter av5 and a beosound century but in the tool they arent mentioned. how can i get this devices to work?

2. how can i controll 3rd party devices? without lintronic it doesnt? work?

thanks for your help! 

• 12-27-2008 6:25 AM In reply to

Pretend the AV5 is an Avant - it uses the same codes! The Century uses the same codes as an Ouverture - that is how I worked that! I did all this and added every device I had - probably silly as I rarely take remotes out of one room.

The expert on third party control is Keith! 

• 12-27-2008 6:35 AM In reply to

thank you very much peter! i will try this configuration this evening!

i´ve read, that i can´t control any 3rd party devices since i upgrade my beo5 from 1.3a to 1.32 and newer, right?

can i find the firmware files somewhere in the internet, or must i go to my dealer? 

• 12-27-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

Go to the dealer in Germany and hurry up... I've got mine updated from 1.30a to 1.34a the week before cristmas and it seems the new 1.40 firmware isn't uploaded on the B&O update server yet. You need to have a connection to the dealer network, to get the software but if the new 1.40 software is uploaded, you cannot use the old 1.30 configuration tool..

If you need help with 3rd party implementation, I can help you, its a little bit tricky but once you get behind the method its totally easy.

My Beo5 works like charm with everyting in my house that is controlled by a remote...

• 12-28-2008 4:29 AM In reply to

now i got firmware 1.34a from a forum member.

now i can control my beolink 3500, the av5 but not the century.

i will control my 3rd party devices. maybe somebody could help me?

the first device is my television: fujitsu siemens myrica v40

and one of my 2 sat receivers (i can change them) kathrein ufs 301i or technisat digi 5s.

in the configuration tool there are lots of technisat devices. maybe somebody could tell me how i can get the the right things for my xml file.

i found some files for my television. i got a lcd display but the files are for a plasma, but this is the same device, both look equal. maybe with this hex code you can help me?

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=fujitsu&dv=plasmadisplay 

• 12-28-2008 6:04 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

I will make an xml file with On and Off, to see if it works. I'll send you in some minutes. Please, create a new zone in your Beo5 and place the xml I will send in that zone. Don't mix sources for now, till we know it works.

Quim

• 12-28-2008 8:10 AM In reply to

thanks again for your help. i received your xml file, but it doesn´t work. 

i will send a mail to fujitsu and kathrein, hope they can send me the code. if not i have to buy a lintronic box. 

• 12-28-2008 9:05 AM In reply to

Ok.....next try ;-)

i was on the lintronic page. there are the comands for my tv!!!!!! lcd 40". and i found commands for kathrein sat receiver, maybe this are the same ones like this for my sat receiver. but how can i make a xml file from that commands? 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)