in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2008 6:11 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2008 2:33 PM

Picture problems with a V6000 VHS on a B&O setup

Hi all:

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with this. I have managed to repair a V6000 VHS and it works with a non b&o television. However, when connected to my beovision one I cannot get a picture, only sound. I have tried to program the scarts properly with my beo4 but still to no avail.

Could someone give me explicit instructions on how to get this working as I feel that I am close but there is no cigar.

I think there is an issue with tracking also - the video plys for a while on standard equipment but the sound is crackly. After a period o five mins or so the video automatically stops playing and needs to be restarted. However, I cannot address this until I can get into the OSD of the VHS which I cannot do without getting a picture on the TV.

As always, any help gratefully received. 

• 06-22-2008 3:07 PM In reply to

Re: Picture problems with a V6000 VHS on a B&O setup

Which TV are you using? The V6000 is a bit of an odd ball. The OSD is sent as a PAL signal and not RGB so don't use the RGB setting on the Beovision. That could be your first problem!
  • 06-22-2008 5:30 PM In reply to

Hi Peter:

I don't know - it is connected via scart how do I change the settings so it is not (if it is) RGB? The Beovision 1 manual refers to the setup of a V8000 so perhaps it defaults to RGB. I should set it to PAL through the menu right?

• 06-22-2008 5:31 PM In reply to

I am using a Beovision 1

• 06-22-2008 6:11 PM In reply to

I am afraid I have to admit that I don't know! The BV1 and the V6000 are both a bit idiosyncratic! It comes as little surprise that they have problems talking to each other! The V6000 was supposed to be used with the MS/ME range of TVs and had problems with the more sophisticated sets which were designed to be used with the VX range and latterly with the V8000. I am sure however that this has been tried before - but not by me! Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)