in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2008 8:48 AM by Eric Philips. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2008 1:52 AM

Beoport installation and Windows user accounts

G'day. I'm pretty much tired of the poblems I have with Beoport and am hoping someone can put an end to my frustrations. Firstly, I just downloaded and installed the new version of Beoport, which took a few inatallations before it worked properly. I'm using Windows XP. But now the program wants to reinstall each time I logon, or each time one of the other users in my family logs on. Any ideas why this happens.

Secondly, I can't seem to get the Beoplayer control bar up on the screen for each user, only for the administrator or first user to logon. Is it possible for the Beoport/Beoplayer program to open automatically as each user logs on?

Need to stop tearing my hair out, not much left!

• 06-15-2008 1:40 PM In reply to

Re: Beoport installation and Windows user accounts

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems with Beoport.

First I have to say that the new version (4.81) will only run correctly on Windows XP WITH Service Pack 2 installed.

The fact it wants to re-install itself is because files have changed/are open by another user in the programs directory.

Your two hightlighted problems are in fact the same issue, you can only have ONE copy of Beoplayer running on one PC meaning if user A has it running and User B wishes to log on and use it, user A must terminate Beoport, then when user B logs on they can start Beoport.

Regards Keith....

• 06-15-2008 10:16 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info. I have service pack 3 installed and all other updates, uncluding Beoport and Beoplayer 8.1.

When I turn on the computer and log in I automatically get the Beoplayer Repair/Upgrade install window, despite the fact that it is already installed and upgraded. It does this every time. Not only that, when I opt to install it (again) it installs and then once installed immediately brings up the Repair/Upgrade window again. How can I stop this annoying bug?

thanks,  e

• 06-16-2008 3:38 AM In reply to

Its good that you are up to date, but in your response you said:-

"including Beoport and Beoplayer 8.1"

Your sentence implies that you are trying to install both Beoport AND Beoplayer as two seperate installations, please confirm if that is what you are doing ?

The Beoport Installation contains Beoplayer and is installed as part of the Beoport installation. If you have a Beoport box connected via USB to your PC, then you install the Beoport software. If you do NOT have a Beoport box connected to your PC, then you install Beoplayer.

Regards Keith....

• 06-16-2008 7:05 AM In reply to

Aha! Yes I have the Beoport box. So let me get this right. I can delete all Beoplayer files on my computer and just run Beoport as it also contains Beoplayer. Therefore I need never worry about updating Beoplayer, only Beoport. Yes? Thanks Keith. eric
  • 06-16-2008 7:41 AM In reply to

Eric,

As you have a Beoport box you ONLY install Beoport 4.81 software, nothing else...

The reason you were going into the install each time you started previously is because one installation was overwriting the other.

Regards Keith....

• 06-16-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

Ta Keith, much appreciated

eric

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)