in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2008 6:04 PM by dunkalot. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-24-2008 6:15 PM

• mao1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

How to get video from PC to BeoVision Avant?

Hello people,

I'd like to be able to watch the videos stored in my laptop in my Beovision Avant.  Has anyone tried this? 

I have Beoport but it seems to work only with music through my BeoSound 9000 (n.music)

Do I need to get a tv-tuner card for my laptop?

Thanks!

• 05-25-2008 4:42 AM In reply to

Re: How to get video from PC to BeoVision Avant?

A warm welcome to Beoworld..

Beoport is connected between Masterlink and your PC and ONLY transmits and receives audio and control signals, not video.

Adding a TV tuner to your laptop will NOT allow you to see your stored PC video on your AVANT unless the TV tuner you purchase can play MP3 files AND provide a composite video out signal.

Regards Keith....

• 05-25-2008 5:22 AM In reply to

• mhw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 207
    • Gold Member

Does your laptop have S-Video out? If so, you can just connect an S-video cable from that to your Avant!

+ a  minijack - phono cable for the sound...

• 06-03-2008 4:33 PM In reply to

• mao1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hello Keith, thanks for your reply!

I don't have s-video out on the laptop, only VGA, so I guess I will start looking for a 'tv-out' PCMCIA card or a 'scan converter'.  Could you recommend any type specifically? 

Looking briefly at the prices for a good scan converter it seems it would be more cost-effective to get a new laptop..

Cheers.

• 06-03-2008 4:35 PM In reply to

• mao1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hello mhw, thanks for your answer, however, as I was telling Keith, I don't have s-video out..  Would you recommend any adapter/pcmcia/scan-converter in particular?

Thanks!

• 06-04-2008 10:04 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

On a limited basis,  It can be done.

Using XP Media Centre, including Media Player, I have My Photos and My Videos as file folders. When I bring up Beoplayer, and click to activate My Photos, I can see and hear the video clips I have. I'm ML linked to a BS 3200 and BL 4000 system.

I use the same Sony T-70 to shoot both, downloading the shots into the PC. Using a 4G Memory stick, some of the clips can be a few minutes long. The differentation of the photos to the video is seen with 35 mm film corner simulation around the video clips. If I select slideshow, the clips play one after another as they do with Media Centre.

Perhaps this is not an intended feature as I've been told, but tt has worked for a number of years.

• 06-08-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Would THIS work? If so I may even get one myself to try as I would like to use my MX5500 as a PC monitor.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-08-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

Think so...

A/

Go into your MX with this scart plug...

B/

Well, this the connector we use in th NL, maybe you use a different one..., then I can't help you any further... Other than a word to the wise..., video signal from laptop to MX or Avant not ideal... (understatement), to use it as a pc-monitor....? Not a good idea...

Anyway, good luck n cheers !

Beer

B&O: Don't let the limitations of others limit you
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)