in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2008 2:55 PM by Sivsk. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2008 9:24 AM

• Sivsk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-14-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Gold Member

Dead Beocentre 2500 HELP................

Hi......

Desperately seeking help, well actually i'm at my wits end!!!!!!

Firstly i was the proud owner of a BC2500..... I loved it (well still do)

Ok, i originally bought it from the UK, then i moved to India, this is 1998.... first year or so no problems...... then i could'nt run it for sometime on and off, and the first few years of living here in India there were many power fluctuations & cuts.....

Then after a further few months it started to play up, the doors would open close on their own, then the CD would play not play...... you could say the gremlins were rampant.......

We have no dealer or service centre here where i live and so the set was put into storage.... I have a friend who is a someone who has a hobby of repairing old sets, or stuff that can't be fixed here!

His first look into the set, he saw that the internal battery had fully discharged and leaked slightly.... He then thought that the CPU may have failed, as the battery had been discharged for god knows how long...... He is under the assumption that the Brains of the CPU may have wiped, as there was no power source of any kind... i don't understand, my picture of it is that the memory has been deleted because the power has not supported it....

I really need your help, suggestions anything to give a direction on what where to do.....

Could it be a software issue....... if it is what can be done .....

If not what could or where should we look......

I have the BeoLab 8000 speakers..... which apparently are still working..... thank god..... but pure waste as i have nothing to drive them with...

I am am really desperate for help....

THANKS in advance....

Shiv

I Really would like this system to sing again......

• 06-14-2008 11:59 AM In reply to

Re: Dead Beocentre 2500 HELP................

Hi,

just replace the lithium battery, it's a quite normal lithium 3.3V type 2032. Order one for mounting on a board or use a special carrier for this battery... just like the BIOS battery of your computer, it's the same type.

Soldering directly on a lithium cell may cause an explosion Whistle

Even if all data are erased, there really no problem. The lost data are volume, channel data and so on. Nothing important. Just store the channel and program them new, that's all. There are no data for the system itself necessary.

Martin

• 06-14-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Sivsk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-14-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Gold Member

Re: Dead Beocentre 2500 HELP................

Thanks.....

I'll try what you've said....

Fingers crossed!!!

I'll let you know by monday if it is working again!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)