in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2008 3:58 AM by wirralsimon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2008 9:00 PM

Can anyone help with a valuation please?

Hello,

I am new to this site and was wondering if there are any good people here who could give me an idea of how much my Bang & Olufsen system may be worth?  I am reluctantly selling it, (moving to Spain) and don't know if I should sell  as seperates or as a combined lot.

I have a 1983 Beomaster 6000 tuner/amp (Rosewood),  a Beogram 6002 (with handbook), and 2 Red Line Speakers (the curved ones).All of the cables are intact.

They are all in excellent working order, I have only used this system approx 20 times since it was bought, but there are a few small scratches here and there, but nothing excessive. I tried out the whole system last week with some nostalgic vinyls, and it still sounds amazing. 

They are stored at my parents house in the North East of England 

I have some pictures of them and wondered if it would be better to sell via Ebay or to a private collector. Approximate value would be appreciated

Thank You in advance 

Lulacat 

• 06-14-2008 2:57 AM In reply to

Re: Can anyone help with a valuation please?

Beomaster 6000 - nice receiver - Advantages - powerful and good looking

Disadvantages - uses unique remote, rather large, prone to failing in one channel due to heat issues.

Value - in good condition with remote - about £100 though could well be a lot less - the market is depressed. The more extras like the box and manuals, the better. 

Beogram 6002 - Advantages - reliable belt drive deck.

Disadvantages - one way Datalink. Large. Not an 8000!

If you have a decent cartridge, £75. You could get that just for the cartridge!  The deck will probably be difficult to sell.

Redline speakers. - You don't say which ones - probably 60.2s - If they have the straps and are working, £100 if you are lucky. If you have the curly cables, more!  

Try eBay. Good photos and descriptions. There is however a lot not selling at all. The 6000 is getting old.  

• 06-15-2008 4:06 PM In reply to

Thank You Peter - just the infomation I was looking for. I do have some pics, so maybe try ebay, but as you say, the market is depressed at the moment. Thanks again  Wink

• 06-15-2008 4:38 PM In reply to

I agree with Peter on the prices.

It is likely you will make more selling separately than together. You may well find you get no more than £100-150 for all three as a combined system. Buyers tend to bid with the item they are interested in in mind and then trrat the other items  as a free bonus.

Simon 

• 06-15-2008 11:59 PM In reply to

Thank You Simon - seems like I wont be in pocket for selling my B&O 'babies'! Smile  Think I shall probably just hang on to them at the moment - or  bring them to Spain. I do love my B&O setup and will get more pleasure from owning and using as opposed to selling for a 'song!!' Big Smile Thank You again for your input x
  • 06-16-2008 1:47 AM In reply to

I suggest that that is by far the best thing to do! Smile
  • 06-16-2008 3:58 AM In reply to

I was going to suggest that if you had no use for them you could pass them on to a friend or relative. Despite all the doom and gloom over valuations, it is a really nice system. You can connect any (Not just B&O)  CD player to the Tape 2 phono input on the Beomaster.

I now have three vintage B&O systems at home and I like them all, but their value if sold would be negligible.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)