in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2008 12:38 PM by Stars. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2008 7:59 AM

BV 6-26 - Should I?

Hi there,

I was offered a BV 6-26 for around EUR 2.600,-, set is new (incl. Beo4, without stand). So should I buy? Or take the BV 8-26 (SRP in Germany is EUR 2.500,- without Beo4). I have to say, that I like the 6 designwise a lot more, even more than the newer BC 6 with the metal speaker cover. Will BV 6 be upgradable to HDMI? Is it possible to work with the DVB-T-module (BV 6-22 ist not, if I remember correctly)? What do you thinkabout general picture quality of the different sets and their "future-proofness"?

Thanks + Regards, beoberlin! 

• 06-04-2008 8:24 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV 6-26 - Should I?

I'm also busy looking for a second set and was thinking of either the BC6-26 or BV8-26 and, although I prefer the design of the BC6-26, it's lacking some key features, such as HDMI, DTV and so on. The BV8-26 will have a better panel than the old BV6-26, although it lacks some of the visionclear features.

I think I'm going to go for a white BV8-26, as it has 1 HDMI socket and components and I'll just connect to my Sky box, so I don't need to worry about the lack of DTV module. I don't know the long-term future of this model, but I it's not going to get the upgraded chassis that's due to go in the BV7-32, BV6-32 and BV8-40 (not the BV8-32 though), so apart from a panel update, we're not going to see changes in the near future.

BV8-26 is actually fairly decent value for a B&O TV.

• 06-04-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

Re: BV 6-26 - Should I?

moxxey, BV8 is on available in white if you get the 32"

beoberlin, I think that's a brilliant price for a new BV6 26" + Beo4! Do you know if it has been a demo TV? I personally would buy it if I needed another TV of this size. I use BV8 26" as my everyday TV which is great, but the blacks are better on the BV6. I haven't got much to comment on sound difference, except to my ears the stereo seemed better on the BV8 than the BV6. In terms of their future, I'm sure they will be able to be Master Linked with many many future products, so I don't think this should be such a concern for you.

The BV6 won't have HDMI connections and I doubt this will be upgradable in the future. Can't remember whether the BV6 does have this function, but don't forget the current BV8s do not offer surround sound. This however might be upgradable in the future, depending upon how successful this higher-end BV8 40" does I guess.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)