in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2008 9:00 AM by burantek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2008 2:16 PM

beosystem 10 fm tuning

hi all,

just unpacked a nice looking beosystem 10.

i don't believe it to be an antenna issue as i do not hear any "hunting" at all, but...

can't tune any fm (on fm or any of the presets). lw and mw is fine -and i can hear hunting there.

thx for any thoughts,

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-22-2008 9:00 AM In reply to

Re: beosystem 10 fm tuning

followup...

upon taking the bs10 out of the faraday cage that is my office...

i was able to hear some degree of hunting w/ afc turned off, but it was very peculiar.

i could "hear" perhap (2) stations out there but they were faint and muttled and were spread across the frequency range -never experienced anything quite like it, and i'll try to explain...

instead of picking up say (10) different stations spreads across the fm range, i was getting maybe (2) distinct ones. (1) tuning from say 88mhz thru 98mhz and the second one from 98mhz thru 108mhz. i can't make out the stations, but it is as though my scale has shrunk???

regarding lw/mw: it is on a separate antenna and it seems to work fine.

i still don't thk it is the antenna, but i have to get into this thing... the service manual has no info reg'ing disassembly, might someone have any tips on this?

++++edit++++

whoa! this is a type 1521 -non usa (not a 1523)... any chance that would have anything to do w/ this?

++++edit++++
    • B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)