in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2008 2:01 AM by Hooper. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2008 4:54 AM

Not B&O but...

Hello,

Have you seen this?

http://www.loewe.de/en/loewe-ag/press/press-releases/top-news/newspost/beitrag/jede-epoche-hat-ihren-massstab.html

I think that B&O has to react soon. And you? 

• 08-29-2008 5:45 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Re: Not B&O but...

benoit:

Hello,

Have you seen this?

http://www.loewe.de/en/loewe-ag/press/press-releases/top-news/newspost/beitrag/jede-epoche-hat-ihren-massstab.html

I think that B&O has to react soon. And you? 

Agree ,agree amazing products from Loewe ,they becoming now a real competitor for beo. I have checked the anual numbers of Loewe they have increased the income compared with beo.  Unsure Beo is somehow stuck ,between boring designs and lack of technology.

"All the components of Loewe Reference, from flat-screen TV to Mediacenter to Multiroom Receiver, can be operated by means of the fascinatingly attractive Loewe Assist Media remote control with its brilliant OLED colour display."

And this 2-way ,OLED remote is standard system control remote ,don't have to pay extra bucks lick Beo 5 and beats the Beo 4 to death.

• 08-29-2008 6:22 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Have to agree, the range looks amazing. Will await reviews of performance eagerly.
  • 08-29-2008 6:35 AM In reply to

It's kinda cute but I still like B&O's setup better. B&O is more avantgarde whereas Loewe is more mainstream design.
  • 08-29-2008 6:38 AM In reply to

"Warning: Important Safety Notice

Examination of Loewe picture tube TV sets from the years of production 1999 to 2001, and of TV sets made by AHB

Safety and reliability of the products have the highest priority at Loewe. In the framework of continuous quality checks it was discovered that, in picture tube TV sets from the production period March 1999 to October 2001, faults could arise at certain soldered points which could lead to overheating of the set and, in the worst case, to a danger of fire.

Only 100 Hz picture tube TV sets made by Loewe, and certain 100 Hz picture tube sets made by AHB are affected.

These sets are now between 6 and 8 years old.

To avoid any risks for our customers, Loewe points out that these TV sets should be checked by an authorised dealership as a precautionary measure. This will involve checking the affected soldered-riveted joint and re-soldering. This precautionary check has been carried out over the past three years at every repair carried out in Loewe workshops.

Loewe recommends that customers should have the check made as soon as possible and not to operate the set until it has been checked.

You can check here whether your set is affected by this campaign."

http://www.loewe-uk.com/ueberpruefungsaktion_de,0,53.html

:)

• 08-29-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

I wonder whether Loewe are taking advantage of the perceived high pricing of B&O AV products, giving the consumer who wants a well designed product  a more reasonable price point. Personally I still prefer B&O design but if I were stuck for cash, and I am sure many consumers are at the moment, Loewe would represent a fairly acceptable and attractive compromise.
  • 08-29-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

And Data transfer though electric socket. Not more problems when you need a new link somewhere and you just didn't think about it when you built your house!!!!!!!

And it happened to me.

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-29-2008 6:55 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

......and another thing. As I'm sure that B&O product managers follow Beoworld (and it is wise to do so if you need to see what people want) .....maybe you should please concidet this dat transfer / masterlink through electric plugs, which is an old technology but frankly spoken it saves alot of time, effort and money. Additionally it really helps as mentioned before, when you just need a new link somewhere around the house. I'm using the data transfer through the electric socket because it is really helpful for LAN/INTERNET to a room in the house that I have no ethernet plug. VERY USEFUL. PLEASE CONSIDER

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-29-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

It looks very good I must say, but I agree with wonderfulelectric that Loewe design is less cutting edge than the best Bang & Olufsen products. I'm a hardcore design freak so I'm still with the Danes...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-29-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

spirost:
    ......and another thing. As I'm sure that B&O product managers follow Beoworld (and it is wise to do so if you need to see what people want) .....maybe you should please concidet this dat transfer / masterlink through electric plugs, which is an old technology but frankly spoken it saves alot of time, effort and money. Additionally it really helps as mentioned before, when you just need a new link somewhere around the house. I'm using the data transfer through the electric socket because it is really helpful for LAN/INTERNET to a room in the house that I have no ethernet plug. VERY USEFUL. PLEASE CONSIDER

I know what you mean, but they do have the Wireless 1. Ive never tried it before tbh. It would be nice if we could distribute video as well

• 08-29-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm sorry, but this looks awfully tacky. Would appeal to the younger generation. No comparison with B&O on any level.

Harsh words, but i feel strongly. I haven't seen ONE product from this company that exudes real taste.

In my view, this is "wanky" design... i'll stop right there.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-29-2008 9:06 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Looks great, but I wonder how those speakers sound without B&O tweaks like ABL and ice power... what is the price of such a set? probably in the beovision 7 range.

br Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 08-29-2008 2:47 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I do agree on Beolink Wireless 1, however it does have limitations concerning the distance and of course as you mention, it does not distribute video.

Additionally I think that taste is something subjective. I really liked the looks of the Loewe individuals. They are really great and they have a better network system. I'm a real B&O adict since 1980s so I won't change probably, BUT definitely this is something B&O HQ has to think of, when it comes to networking.

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-30-2008 2:01 AM In reply to

• Hooper
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Cato Neimoidia
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, nice but nothing extraordinary.

Granted the images seem like they're computer generated (correct me if I'm wrong) and from experience that usually makes the objects may seem more exaggerated than they would appear in the flesh.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)