in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-18-2008 8:34 AM by WiBi. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2008 12:11 PM

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 2 and card readers

I have a Beosound 2 and would like to use a card reader to fill the SD cards with music from iTunes. In the software downloads section of the B&O site, there is an update with new firmware. It is stated in the info section on the update to "click here" for a supplimentary guide to using card readers. Unfortunately there is no active link.

Does anyone have info on where to get the supplimentary guide??

Thanks.
    Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 04-27-2008 12:41 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 2 and card readers

A warm welcome to Beoworld..

I have had a look at this "Supplimentary Guide" and whilst it is 8 pages in size, it is just four short paragraphs repeated in all the common languages.

It says:-

The following information supplements page 13 in the Guide.

If you use BeoSound 2 in Mass Storage mode, or load the SD card in a PC card reader, the card must be scanned to update the playlist file.

This scan occurs automatically if no playlist file is found on the SD card when you switch on BeoSound 2.

If the playlist file on the SD card needs to be updated, start the scan by pressing and holding both "Down Arrows" buttons for two seconds. During the scan, BeoSound 2 beeps at three second intervals. When scanning is complete, playback starts automatically.

Switching off BeoSound 2 stops the scan. However, this produces an incomplete playlist file.

Regards Keith....

• 04-27-2008 12:59 PM In reply to

I use a card reader and all you need to know is :

1. make sure you have album folders only , not artist then an album folder in that as the beosound only seems to deal with 1 layer of folders.

2. If you are adding or deleting from a card , after finishing delete the playlist file at the root of the card and the beosound automatically refreshes when you switch it on. 

I have 4 cards and once they have been scanned once by the beosound they can be swapped around as you like without any rescanning. 

Doomlordis Scottish B&O Fan , Father , Husband.
  • 04-27-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

Nice avatar, doomlordis. Cool
  • 04-28-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Keith,

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. I was unaware of the needed card scan. However my current problem would appear to be further up stream. When I put a card that I have been using in a Beosound 2 (and which was "loaded" through the Beosound 2 base) into the card reader, it readily recognizes all of the files and file names on the card. I chose to take all the existing files into the trash and then "drag and drop" the new ones from iTunes onto the card. When I do this the new files are all shown to be resident on the card but they all have 0 bytes. Perhaps the card then needs to be scanned by the Beosound 2? I shall try this.

In the process of trying a few things prior to putting up this query, I ended up with a card that the Beosound 2 will no longer recognize even after reformating the card in the Beosound 2. The card does work in my Leica camera. Is there some sort of initialization that needs to be done?

Thanks for the help!

• 04-28-2008 12:12 PM In reply to

When you drag-n-drop the files from iTunes, do you put them in the "Root" or top level directory or sub-directory ? If you put the files in the root directory, Beosound 2 will not recognise the files, they must be in a sub-directory.

Regards Keith....

• 05-17-2008 6:53 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Keith,

I have been traveling and did not get a chance to try the helpful advice you provided. I now have and everything seems to be working fine. The required scan was the problem. Thanks again for the help.

• 05-18-2008 3:04 AM In reply to

I am pleased everything is now working and quite important for other Beosound 2 users as the simple solutions are sometimes overlooked.

Regards Keith....

• 05-18-2008 8:34 AM In reply to

• WiBi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2007
    • Rijnmond NL
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

As I had the same problem but didn't have had much time to look into it.....thanx for the solution. It worked fine for me as well !

Why we're on this planet? Because that's where they have B&O

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)