in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2007 7:45 AM by Dillen. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2007 7:05 AM

Surprise [:O] beogram 8000 error message

I have an error read out on the display of a beogram 8000: "7777":
    has this something to do with the turntable having difficulties reading the (in)famous tachodisk?

regards

PS USER manual of beogram 8000 unfortunately not available in beoworld database
  • 05-10-2007 7:17 AM In reply to

Re: beogram 8000 error message

Should be! I'll remedy that in the new hour!
  • 05-10-2007 8:16 AM In reply to

Just checked, and somewhat to my surprise, I don't have it! The 8002 one is there which is essentially the same machine. However there is no menu for deciphering error messages. The normal fault with these machines is due to faulty capacitors and then the tacho disc. I would suggest chatting to Dillen (Martin Olsen) who has remade the tacho disc and also knows all about capacitors!

Sorry to be of no real help. 

• 05-10-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

How can I reach him?

regards

• 05-10-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

I have sent him a PM for you.

• 05-11-2007 7:45 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

As far as I'm concerned, there are no actual "error messages" as we normally know them, only weird readouts and no manuals will explain.

In your case, it would make sense to check if all PCB board connectors are correctly mounted (reseat all) and if the CPU actually runs.
    If you are not into electronics, this is not a task for you but, as Peter suggests, aging capacitors can cause the strangest faults and would be the first thing to replace (a kit is available). Also check for bad solders in the power supply area and around the PCB edges where the connectors are.
    I normally suck out the old solder and use new solder with a hint of silver in it when resoldering to avoid future cracking.
    The CPU itself is very robust, they hardly ever fail.
    If the tachodisc is of the old photographic type I suggest you replace with a stainless steel one but even with a damaged tachodisc the Beogram would still rotate the platter albeit unstable so is not the reason for the strange readout.

If you have any other symptoms, reactions to buttons, platter and arm movements, please let us know.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)