in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2007 6:20 AM by Philippe. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2007 1:58 PM

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Hmm [^o)] Problem with MX5500 : picture in black & white...

A friend of mine has a problem with his MX5500 : he attached a multimedia hard-drive via a Peritel, but the picture goes to black & white after a nanosecond in color... (The multimedia HD works perfectly well with another non B&O TV...)

I suggested him, by phone, to switch Peritels, to set the video format to PAL and NTSC on his HD, but it doesn't work. He has a DVD player on one of the two Peritel sockets and the welcome page appears in B&W too, though it switches to color after a few seconds...

Do you guys have any clue about this issue?

BTW, following the user manual, I asked him to try "TV" + "SHIFT" + "TEXT" to access the TV set-up menu, but it only activates Teletext...

Thanks for your input,

Philippe

• 05-11-2007 4:16 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with MX5500 : picture in black & white...

Hi Philippe,

accessing the menu requires to wait some seconds after pressing TV until the display of the program name / channel disappears. Furthermore it's depending on the version of the remote control (BL1000 I assume): Newer versions have a MENU key that must be used, elder versions require the sequence SHIFT - TEXT.

The problem appears to me as if the device would output an S-Video signal which has color and luminance separated. If you can't select the output signal of the multimedia hard-drive to RGB you should try the S-Video input of the MX5500. If I remember correctly, you can select between SCART und S-Video by pressing SHIFT - 9 on the remote control.

Good luck!

Hagen

• 05-11-2007 6:20 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: Problem with MX5500 : picture in black & white...

Thanks very much!

I'll give it a go and get back to you then.

Philippe

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)