in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-15-2008 8:54 AM by Stan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2008 9:33 PM

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

BeoLink Active Issue

I have a BS9000 (mkIII), active and BL3500 linked.  I'm trying to use my active to share my B&O speakers with a non-B&O TV.  On this forum, I learned about the "PC" input on the active (I've dug through the manuals and references on this site, and there is very little written about this capability).

I have my TV hooked to the "PC" input via a B&O AUX cable.  I press "PC" on the Beo4, and it works fine (although I only get 1 channel, more about this later).  However, if I turn on the BL3500 in the other room, the linked music and TV audio are blended.  Not good. 

The active software is "sw1.1".  Could there be a software upgrade to fix this?  I ask because the active works fine otherwise (the single channel is only a problem with the PC input, the linked audio plays fine).  If a software upgrade will fix the "active not muting the link audio when in PC mode", then I will send it in to have the software upgraded and the single channel for PC input fixed.  On the other hand, if software doesn't fix this, I'll just keep it as is... and find another solution to upgrade my TV's audio.

It seems like this "PC" input was to support a short lived product (the BeoLink PC).  This is why I question whether there would be a software fix available to this problem.  Also, my dealer, while helpful, doesn't have the deep knowledge of this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Filed under:
  • 05-13-2008 10:14 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: BeoLink Active Issue

I have the same 1 channel problem. I wonder if its the cable? There are there types, one with a resistor one without, and 1 I cannot work out.

The blended audio can come from the following: Use of the PC command on the master system, use of V.AUX on the master system, or link audio currently playing or link amplifier set to permanently on or if another link source is being played first.

I have spent tons of hours trying to work this out.

Beoaus.

• 05-14-2008 12:00 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

What software version do you have in your active?
  • 05-14-2008 2:00 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Not sure, i would have to check the box. Don't fancy lifting the TV off the wall and digging the box out again though but I will have a look..

• 05-14-2008 2:03 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Where did you get the information about the 3 types of cables? 

I used a standard RCA-DIN AUX input cable when I tested prior to doing any install work... I just didn't notice that there was only 1 channel at that time...  luckily the install work so far has not been too difficult... 

The RCA-DIN cable I have is known to be in good working order.  If I switch the RCA outputs from the TV, the operative channel (L) does not change so it is good as well (and the TV is providing 2 channel output).  This leaves the box as the problem... or the wrong type of cable... neither of which fixes the blended audio problem...

Stan

• 05-14-2008 7:20 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

One of the US guys. Setups for different situations rather than specifics.

What happens if you disconnect ML and try again, remember to ensure the TV is on prior to pressing PC on the beo4?

beoaus

• 05-14-2008 10:04 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I've tried all sorts of power on/power off, cable connect/dis-connect, etc. and the TV has always been on prior to pressing PC on the Beo4.  Always behaves the same Sad

Is it your R or L channel this is not working?  My R channel is cut out. 

Stan

• 05-15-2008 2:08 AM In reply to

Stan, 

What is the part number on your PC input. We just recently went through a bit of trouble trying to get the right adaptors in and finally found success. I'll check the part # you post against what we have in stock and see if it matches. Apparently the ones we have are the only ones suited for this specific task. 

Also, it's been my experience that when engaging the local PC command, it does not travel the network. I wonder if Keith could give us some input on this. It could certainly be that I simply haven't noticed it, but I sort of doubt that.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-15-2008 7:52 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Some further details... 

This is the one I have P/N - 6270316 in use. Called a Stereo adapter, 5 PIN-DIN male to 2 x Phono female 0.2m black.

I know of this part number 6270828 ... + there was a custom cable or two available...

Beoaus.

• 05-15-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Trip,

The part number for my cable is 6270302 - "Cable w.adaptor 5 DIN/2 rc" or "Video ACC DIN to RCA"

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)