in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-12-2008 4:24 PM by Medogsfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2008 11:03 AM

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Scratch removal of turntable lids

• 05-12-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

Re: Scratch removal of turntable lids

This paste will be a mild abrasive.

I have been told that a "whitening" type toothpaste will do a very similar job to products like this.  I know a couple of engineers who use this for polishing out minor scratches on metal and plastics in preference to any off the shelf cleaners.

I'm not vouching for this method, but it seems worth a try before dropping £9:99 on a small tube of "stuff"  And your kit will smell nice afterwards !

Regards

David

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 05-12-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

I used a Meguiars product called PlastX Clear Plastic Polish and a special Meguiars microfiber cloth on three dust covers last week. Recommended by another Beoworld member. I'ts a really great product for minor scratches. It's blue when applied and then changes into a clear substance.

It contains mineral oils that makes the dust cover look brand new. I've also had great results with this stuff on the plastic displays of myBeosystem 7000 units. It takes of the very very top layer of the display without scratching at all. The displays now have that B&O shop shine again. The effect is even greater when you turn on a unit and the led's light up!

Great stuff, bought it at a car tuning shop. You can also get it online. 

• 05-12-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Member kevinoils has been doing some research into scratch removal on turntable lids. There is a thread in one of the product realted forums about it.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)