in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2008 9:53 AM by cbannon. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2008 9:53 AM

• cbannon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-06-2008
    • Bath Avon UK
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Sonos till beomaster 5 comes out? Also new house B&O plans advice welcome.

Hello,

I have 5 old Sonos units from the old house but I am now determinedly moving the new house project towards B&O. I am in the process of changing all the TV’s and Speakers but keep the Sonos units till last to tide me over till the ‘Beomaster 5’ comes out. I will state with 2 rooms with Beolab 8000s and on media room with a set of 8000s and a set of 6000s with a beolab 2 to start with. I have a Becom MK2 pstn system and plan a mix of mk 1 and mk2 Beocom 6000's with a Beocom 2 mk2 to round it off. I have also set up a Beoport on the PC. All my music is in digital format of one kind or another about 56 gigs of it. I have 6 or 7 rooms in my mind’s eye for the long term plan.

I will be interested swapping notes out the best options for speaker switching options between the Sonos music unit output to surround output from the TV in the media room.

Also I am not sure whether to go directly to a Beo5 as the Sonos 2 way interface (album art etc.) is tugging me stick with Sonos for now.  Anyone willing to share their experiences with integrating Sonos with B&O /master link system or a Beomedia 1?

I bought my speakers 2nd hand (I have had good luck so far) to keep the costs down. I have my eye on a late model Beovision 5 that appears to be HD ready but I need to research the pro's and cons vrs some of the newer models and trade it off with the 2/3rds price cut of the used model. 

Any advice welcome.

Regards,

Colin.

PS This is my 1st post on the forum.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)