in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2008 4:19 AM by doomlordis. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2008 4:19 AM

Short review of A8 vs Yuin PK3

Ok i have had my PK3s for around 2 months, my A8s for over a year, i bought the PK3s after reading lots of good reviews here, here is a quick comparison review.

Build quality

A8s win by a mile, PK3s look like they cost around $3, packaging is nice thats it.

Sound Quality

I understand why people like the PK3 , it has reasonable clarity and detail and the bass is strong and thumping.
    However it is over hyped in my opinion, it is a little flat sounding and the bass that seemed so impressive at first is actually quite inaccurate , it overpowers the mids and can become tiring on certain albums, i listen to a lot of Daft Punk and if you compare the PK to even the KSC75 it is plainly obvious that the PK3s bass leaves a lot to be desired.

On acoustic music the PK3 fairs better as the treble is nice and clean and vocals sound really nice and warm, i tried the PK3s without the foamies hoping it would reduce the bass a little but it practically removes it!

Overall the PK3s were a little disappointing.

The A8s by comparison will leave you wondering if there is any bass at all, that is until you find the right fit, then you are treated to a fantastically tight and accurate low end, it isnt as in your face as the PK3s and you do need to find the right seal but in my opinion it beats the PK3 and all the other earbuds i have owned.

To add icing to the cake the mids on the A8s are so well balanced with the high and low ends , they sit right where they should, vocals are warm and sooo detailed.

The only negative i wouldgive the A8s is that the treble can sound a little to bright but only just.

I think the build quality is worth the money but the sound has been bettered by cheaper
    earphones but i wont agree with anyone who says they sound bad (head-fi dont like them), they dont.

I paid £50 for my A8s and i think that is a fair price for what you get , i paid £30 for my PK3s (inc delivery) and i dont think they are worth it , £20 yes.

I am going to buy the PK2s , i expect them to be a better match to the A8s with less bass and more detail than the PK3 , i will post another comparison when they arrive!
    doomlordis is online now Report Post  
    Doomlordis Scottish B&O Fan , Father , Husband.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)