in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2008 9:50 PM by camshaft. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2008 12:09 PM

need help from an USA member....

hi everyone,

I need some help from someone that is living  in USA. I bought a pair of Beolab 3 speakers and the seller does not want to ship them in Canada, he wants only to ship them in USA. I wonder if someone could help me in this matter.

I'll pay the buyer by PayPal. If someone could just receive the speakers and ship them to me in Canada that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Constantin

all sold!

• 05-05-2008 2:32 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Re: need help from an USA member....

Hi Constantin,

I can do that, but how soon would you need them? I can receive the speakers anytime, but as I'm currently taking final exams this week and next week, I wouldn't be able to mail them out to you until after May 14th.  Also, I don't want to take responsibility for anything that may happen to them in transit.  If that's ok with you then yes, I can send them to you.

P.S. Do I get to listen to them first?  Big Smile    Just kidding.

Austin

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 05-05-2008 2:41 PM In reply to

• Razz1971
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-25-2008
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

That restores some of my faith in mankind...

Helpfull people...

What a great site this is.

Razz

Beocenter 1, Beosound 1 and high hopes for more to come.
  • 05-05-2008 8:29 PM In reply to

I run a shop in the US. I could receive them to my shop and ship them to you if you'd like. PM me if you're interested and we can make contact. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-05-2008 8:41 PM In reply to

thanks guys for your help. I really appreciate!

I spoke with UPS Vermont and there it seems to be available a PickUP service( the seller will send the speakers by UPS in Vermont warehouse) . I'll drive 1h30 to Vermont and it seems that I'll be able to collect the speakers there!

I'll receive the confirmation tomorrow whether or not the service is really available, and I'll let you know tomorrow the result!

@ Austin: good luck with your exams!!! I'm also in exams all the time as I'm doing an MBA. I'm tired and not have enough time for my B&O......

regards,

constantine

all sold!

• 05-05-2008 9:50 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Thanks Constantine!  The pick up option sounds like a good idea, but make sure you call that UPS location to verify that they'll let you pick it up, and also call before you drive over to make sure they have the package in hand.  Many times the people there don't know how to handle pick-ups at location because its not the norm.  I once had a seller of an item send a package via fedex with the instructions to hold at location.  When I arrived to pick it up, the Fedex person said they sent it back to the seller because they only allow pick up for express packages.  *groan*  You could tell it was one of those people who didn't know how to do anything except follow their job description to the letter rather than think "hey, it's here now and the guy is coming in a couple hours to pick it up, why not just let him."  No, she had to send it all the way back across the country just so the seller would have to mail it back again.

Austin 

-Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)