in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-04-2008 3:57 PM by sinuhe. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2008 8:40 AM

Final: BV8-32 white against BV7-32 black

Dear all,

Thanks for your input during the past years I'm been looking for a new TV. The final decision has to be made between 7-32 and 8-32. No Loewe. No Kuro, even - it has to be B&O.

7-72 would need to start without 7-1 speaker (lack of money). Instead, I'd connect my BL3s to BV7 for the time being.  

I sort of had decided to go or BV8 (I like it, and decowiseI don't have any metal/glass in my deco, but I do have white plastic, I don't want a TV to dominate my smallish room), but, alas, I say a black BV7 today and I have to say it looks SOOOO fine that I can't help but to want one. Picture seemed veryvery good as well.

Once more: Any ideas? Rumors about upgrades? Points I should consider? I know 7-32 has surround module and still no HDMI(?!) and that there is a DVB-T module (going) to be available for both. Other points? Anybody out there using "external" speakers without 7-1/7-2?

Thanks again! 

• 05-04-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Final: BV8-32 white against BV7-32 black

This is a very difficult one!

The BV7 has a surround sound module, witch might be useful if used as a main room TV. The overall finish (glass vs. plastic) of the BV7 is a better than the BV8. One point why buying a BV7 right now is no good idea might be the inbuilt DVD-player, that might not be of any use anymore in some years.

If I was you, I would get a BV8, connect the BL3 to it and wait some months (hopefully) and then buy an upgraded BC2 (that should play BR then). I sure would not buy a BV7-32 now. 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-04-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

Hi!

Dont buy 7-32 now. The connection abilities is poor (no HDMI) and the dvd-player will be insufficient in a year (I guess the BV7 will be equipped with a blu-ray/DVD player "soon". Besides,  I dont think it is possible to order the BV7 without the 7-1. If you wont/cant wait any longer; buy the BV8-32

Regards

Ahmet

• 05-04-2008 10:19 AM In reply to

A GOOD point, thanks! I wasn't thinking about that at all. However, I think BV7 as well as 8 can by STB-C control Mac mini which, in turn does play BR discs(?).
  • 05-04-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

Infact I wouldn´t recommend buying bv7 32" or bv8 32". Because of the already mentioned points the bv7 is a really poor decision, simply outdated and imho completely overpriced. Regarding the bv8 there was talk on the forum about an updated sytem module coming around containing the clearly missing integrated freeview/dvb-t-reciever, one of it´s major flaws at the moment. If your dealer can´t promise you, that a now bought bv8 will be upgradeble with it for a reasonable price, I wouldn´t buy and wait.

Regards, beoberlin 

• 05-04-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

sinuhe:
    A GOOD point, thanks! I wasn't thinking about that at all. However, I think BV7 as well as 8 can by STB-C control Mac mini which, in turn does play BR discs(?).

No mac plays BR at the moment, as no one contains an inbuilt BR-drive, though there is support for external drives in Roxio Toast v9. Other than this the stb-c can control the mac, but i´m not sure about the fast-scrolling function it front-row etc. You should ask member jk1002, I think he knows.

Regards, beoberlin 

I want to add: No mac does feature an HDMI-port at the moment. So also no sense in intergrating an BR-drive into the mac. So also no direct HDMI-connection to a bv8. 

• 05-04-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

Many thanks for your wise comments.

Concerning BR: As I said, for some reason I did not think at all about BR disks. Ok, maybe not that big deal in my case, I might say, but I have to admit that at present a build-in VCR would not be enough for my needs. Similarly, it may be that after a couple of years a "normal" DVD may not feel to be enough, especially not if build in to the main system. 

Concerning Macs: I was not on top of things, thanks for clarification - I thought TOAST + any superdrive machine would do the trick. 

Concerning DVB-T: Eventually I need DVB-C. There are some rumors suggesting it might be available at least for BV7 in the ("near") future. 

Conclusion: Oh, you may be right: the best alternative may be still be to save money, wait some more and keep on pushing the limits of my MX7000... 

Number two option is to get the white BV8-32, which sure looks cool in Masons table: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/111864.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)