in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2008 6:20 PM by Alex. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2007 1:40 PM

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

BV 7 - Zoom option on BV7-40 and BEO4

Whilst I can select Menu (or yellow button) and 4 for Zoom x2 and press Menu(yellow button) and 4 again for Zoom x4 - I don't seem to be able to zoom into other parts of the screen - it remains static at about 10 o'clock position.

Looking at the on-line user manuals, BV7-32 operates zoom by Menu/yellow button and 2 (4 on BV7-40) and you can use the arrow buttons to move around the screen, it appears BV7-40 does not allow movement of zoom - or is something missing from the manual?

TEL
  • 05-01-2007 8:47 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

Re: BV 7 - Zoom option on BV7-40

Does anybody have any info of this ?

It seems strange that 7-40 does not have the same feature as smaller 7-32

TEL
  • 04-23-2008 7:10 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

Now discovered that pressing the yellow strip (instead of menu) and 2 will increase size x2 (pressing 4 increases by 4), you must press the yellow strip again and the left/right/up or down arrows to move the zoom around the screen.

This isn't mentioned in the manual I have and entry found by chance.

Additonally-

I purchased a Peter Gabriel DVD - Growing Up Live , and found the first screen that gives the options...

Play, Select track, Set up (and a 4th item I can't remember), usually I would use the left/right and up/down arrows to select and then press go - but the arrows didn't move between the items, yet when I played it in the Panasonic HDD/DVD it worked ok.

I showed this to my B&O dealer who then took the disc his store and the same happened there. He contacted B&O who advised you need to press the yellow strip on BEO4 and this then allows selection of Play,  Select track etc.

It was the first time the dealer had come across this on a DVD - have any of you?

TEL
  • 04-23-2008 9:00 PM In reply to

How interesting that Growing Up Live is the culprit! This is my favorite concert DVD and has always given me trouble on B&O players. I cannot even begin to explain why it only happens on this disc (I have never experienced it on any other disc) and why it seems to work fine on any other player.

I finally figured out that you need to use numbers to navigate the menu (I haven't played it in months so I couldn't tell you which ones), but this is the only way to navigate it. 

PS, I'm a dealer and I love to use Mercy Street as a demo on BeoLab 5s! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-24-2008 6:20 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I love Mercy Street - one of my favourite songs. Don't Give Up my favourite from the album though. I have an original copy of So... on vinyl in mint condition (in fact, it's next to popless) and it sounds wonderful.

Also, I too have come across DVDs which don't play ball with the B&O DVD players. Coldcut's Sound Mirrors DVD springs to mind.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)