in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2008 7:38 AM by Peter. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2008 6:55 AM

Speakers advice

Hello,

For now I'm a proud owner of Beosystem2300 and BC1, and I'm using my Beosystem with Bose acoustimas 10 speakers (5 satellite and one woofer)  and Marantz 1050 amplifier. They produce really good sound which I adore!

Of course I'm a really big fan of B&O, like everybody here, and my plan is to change my speakers with B&O.

Yes I know the best solution would be BL5 or BL9 :) but for now I dont have money for these guys, and my thoughts are:

First pair of BL4000 and than BL6000 all connected to beosystem2300 and BC1.

So what you think about that ? I dont want to lose really good sound of Bose acoustimas10.....

Or do you have some suggestions for me.....

Thanks!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-01-2008 7:06 AM In reply to

Re: Speakers advice

If you have a sound you adore, don't change it! Your ears are what you will listen with, not mine. I find Bose speakers lacking in the midrange and they do little for me but I love BBC LS3/5as which have no bass and precious little top end!! The most important thing is to enjoy your music.
  • 11-01-2008 7:20 AM In reply to

Yes of course, I enjoy in music that they produce, but I'm an architect and its really important thing for me is design..... and of course I'm a big B&O fan :)

So my setup is 6 years old and I need change.

Also one thing that irritate me  a lot is constant whirr when I increase or dicrease volume on my marantz. And when I turn of BS2300 it is always noise like TUP!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-01-2008 12:52 PM In reply to

My advice would be one of the following:

1. The Beolab 5000 - these speakers sound very good and are the most spectacular looking made by B&O. Should you wish a surround sound system, a pair of Beolab 3000s would be excellent. You might find that the system is a little bass light  for video effects but it will be an excellent audio system. The 5000s sell for about £1000 for a perfect pair (I bought some recently) and about half that for the 3000s. The sound is very relaxing in quality - typical B&O style.

2. The Beolab 8000 - if you wish a column type speaker, these remain the most dramatic looking and have an excellent performance. I would suggest that if you plan to have a surround system that you get four rather than getting Beolab 6000s which I prsonally think are disappointing.  This is however just a personal opinion so make sure you listen for yourself.

3. Make a statement - I am having a Beolab 5000 system restored and it will certainly be different to most modern systems. 

4. Replace what you have with something similar - Beolab 3s and a Beolab 2.

• 11-01-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

Hm..... Peter, very interesting.

I will consider BL5000 or BL4500, but as I saw prices are much above 1000 GBP.....  

My problem is that I never hear how they sounds, I dont know anybody who owned these speakers.... 

• 11-02-2008 7:38 AM In reply to

We had a speaker demo at Newcastle a couple of years ago when we compared the modern range against Pentas and 5000s (Unfortunately this is how I know the price as the store damaged my friend's 5000s and I bought him a new pair - they showed no inclination to help - I will no longer buy B&O from that store.)

The 5000s came out top in looks though could not match the newer speakers in sound. I must confess to being rather impressed - I have 3000s and the 5000s are a definite step up. Slightly soft top end and the bass is pleasantly extended without being over powering. Very easy to listen to and less tiring that Beolab 1s for instance. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)