in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-11-2008 11:04 AM by leobear. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2008 3:13 PM

Beosound 9000 problems

HI..

It moves to the cd...seems to grab it...but does not spin???

It's laying flat...and i turned the 2 screws on the back down as it says in the manual....

Other functions seem to work, radio, all lights, etc...

Any ideas??

• 04-04-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 9000 problems

and the panel display "PAUSE" ?

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 04-04-2008 3:22 PM In reply to

it did say "pause"....and now it is all 000 and then it turns off by itself....

• 04-04-2008 3:22 PM In reply to

There is a test routine described in the service manual which should help.

My guess.........dirty laser lens........or cd mech knackered.

Regards Graham

• 04-04-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

Thanks Graham..

Which service manual....?? and how would I clean the laser ??

THANKS A TON...we're doing this as you help...

• 04-04-2008 3:37 PM In reply to

I suggest that you download the 9000 service manual and read it before proceeding!

Regards Graham

• 04-04-2008 3:43 PM In reply to

Okay...got it Graham...

Do i "have" to change to option 1 ......or can this test mode be done just leaving the option where it is??

ALSO...should i starat with TM27 or go directly to CD TM's???? (cd does not spin)

thanks,

• 04-04-2008 4:30 PM In reply to

I do not have much technical input to offer here, as I have never had an issue with my BS9000.  Unless, you are missing the PIN... but I think mine will play for a few minutes without the proper PIN.

I was a bit surprised to see a member with no rating flaming a top 25 and top 50 contributor.  From the posts I have read by Graham, he seems like a very polite and intelligent individual, who I am sure is more than capable of managing his own time and resources.

I have not read another post on this site in which someone was directly insulting people based on nationality.  That's a new low.

New: BS9000, BL8000 and BL2

Ebay: BM6500, BGCD 6500, and BL6000s

Lifestyle-AV: MCP 6500

By the way, thank you to everyone that provided input to me about my BM6500.  I replaced a faulty rectifier and bad capacitor and it powered right up.  I have since re-capped the boards, and it sounds like new...  but maybe I was being cheap and should have let a great piece of equipment get thrown in the trash...

-Rob (San Diego) 

• 04-04-2008 5:30 PM In reply to

Frank Rizzo:

Okay...got it Graham...

Do i "have" to change to option 1 ......or can this test mode be done just leaving the option where it is??

ALSO...should i starat with TM27 or go directly to CD TM's???? (cd does not spin)

thanks,

Not sure what's been going on while I've been away watching TV??? Hey Ho!

The 9000 defaults to option 0 with no speakers plugged in so the first instruction is to reset to option 1 to make sure that it responds to the remote commands.

I would go for TM27 to give a thorough check and then go to the cd test modes.

Regards Graham

• 04-04-2008 5:40 PM In reply to

Thanks Graham...

• 04-04-2008 7:50 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Frank Rizzo:

Really iphone.....i'd suggest you buy your gold membership like the rest of us.....then comment....

I've made my payment......

And very grateful we are to you for it Frank, however I feel obliged to add that Beoworld exists to help anyone who needs assistance with a problem whether they are paying members or not. Many people who visit this website decide to contribiute via upgraded membership or a donation out of a sense of gratitude or loyalty and that is the way we have always operated and will continue to do so.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-04-2008 8:03 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Somebody tell me next time when something like this starts up.  I missed all the fun before the thread got cleaned up Stick out tongue
    -Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 04-04-2008 8:54 PM In reply to

Sorry Chris....I know that....i was just a bit steamed.... again my apology..
  • 04-05-2008 2:06 AM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

srywrgnbr:

I have not read another post on this site in which someone was directly insulting people based on nationality.  That's a new low.

Sadly, it wasn't a precedent.  Witness:  http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/post/20417.aspx

Members who engage in this kind of slander should be, to quote from The Shining, "corrected".

IMHO.

• 04-05-2008 3:51 AM In reply to

Not sure that was meant as insulting but more a commentary on the power of Amazon. However I agree with your sentiment - this is an international community and there are differences. One nationality can often take offence simply because of terms used or a perceived slight where none was meant. It is beholden upon us all to remember this and act accordingly, particularly in the reference areas.

I think one can be a little more free in the Lifestyle section and probably the Wednesday thread as these are clearly always going to be light hearted and a little friendly teasing can be expected!

• 04-11-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

Frank Rizzo:

HI..

It moves to the cd...seems to grab it...but does not spin???

It's laying flat...and i turned the 2 screws on the back down as it says in the manual....

Other functions seem to work, radio, all lights, etc...

Any ideas??

Hello, i'm new to the forum and i experienced the same problem as Frank's.

May I know where can i find the service manual?

Can the test be done by ourselves?

Many thanks....

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)