in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-12-2008 7:51 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2008 10:49 PM

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

HDR Scart and Video Signal Quality

I have a somewhat strange question: I changed the layout of my living room. A HDR1 is connected to my Beovision5 (BV5) just as before ... only difference I can think of is that the HDR1 is now places vertically instead of the conventional horizontal way. And of course I temporarily had to unplug all hardware. 

But to my surprise the video signal through the Scart socket seems to be of way lesser quality. The pictures look blurry, just like the menus. Could this be because of storing the hardware vertically? I have a faint memory that the scart in this set-up could be set-up to non-RGB or RGB ... but I simply cannot find any settings about this. Am I imagining things? Do you guys and girls have any idea what could be different / wrong and result in the bad picture all of a sudden???

Any idea greatly appreciated! 

• 04-12-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

Re: HDR Scart and Video Signal Quality

I'm pretty certain that you are now watching a composite video signal whereas you previously had RGB. Unfortunately I know nothing of either of your equipment, but in addition to settings, this change might be caused by a bad contact in the SCART connectors. SCART connections usually use the switching voltage on pin 16, if I recall right, to switch the receiving equipment to RGB. Failing this, the receiving end might revert to composite even though it was configured to display RGB.

Try if the situation might change when you wiggle the connectors a little. 

-mika

• 04-12-2008 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: HDR Scart and Video Signal Quality

Which socket are you using on the BV5?
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)