in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-10-2008 2:03 PM by beolife. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2008 5:35 AM

new upgraded Beocenter 2 - "buttons" click.

Hi,

I have just seen a new version of the DVD Beocenter 2. Unlike the previous version, this one sounds out a low "click" and acknowledges whenever you touch the alu surface "buttons". A bit iPod style....nice imo.

Does anyone know which other upgrades are included in this version ??  The owner of this thought that it was also a new DVD drive (had it only been Blue Ray....). Would be nice if someone could explain what the drive update is actually.

Can anyone comment further on this (I believe very recent) upgraded/updated version ? Can the click sound then be turned on/off - volume of it be adjusted maybe ?

Cheers

Red 

• 04-10-2008 6:27 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: new upgraded Beocenter 2 - "buttons" click.

The DVD drive is a newer model I believe. I am not sure if the volume of the click can be adjusted, worth having a look through the menus to see if there are any clues.

Is the display still segregated out into individual character elements/lines (a block of 'pixels' for each character in a word) or is it similar to that in the BeoSound 4, a large display with no segregation of pixels?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-10-2008 1:09 PM In reply to

To me the real upgrades on BC2 should have been things like 1 HDMI socket to connect it to your flat BeoVision and get full benefit of digital signals, or a DVD recording feature (since DVD2 solution was dropped), instead of always coming out with cosmetic or software upgrades.

A new DVD drive is a nice thing, but is it in any way superior to the previous one, or just cheaper to buy so that B&O make more profit on the system?

Another interesting feature would have been the display of the DVD name, this is perfectly possible on any computer, and the info comes from the DVD itself, not via Internet, so why not use the large display on BC2 to show "STAR WARS episode I" instead of "DVD 2 11"..?

And a network connection would have been a nice thing too, so that you get CDDB while playing your CDs, instead of having to store all names for your 200 CDs with your fingers on the panel..

Am I  asking too much (again) ? Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 04-10-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:

To me the real upgrades on BC2 should have been things like 1 HDMI socket to connect it to your flat BeoVision and get full benefit of digital signals, or a DVD recording feature (since DVD2 solution was dropped), instead of always coming out with cosmetic or software upgrades.

A new DVD drive is a nice thing, but is it in any way superior to the previous one, or just cheaper to buy so that B&O make more profit on the system?

Another interesting feature would have been the display of the DVD name, this is perfectly possible on any computer, and the info comes from the DVD itself, not via Internet, so why not use the large display on BC2 to show "STAR WARS episode I" instead of "DVD 2 11"..?

And a network connection would have been a nice thing too, so that you get CDDB while playing your CDs, instead of having to store all names for your 200 CDs with your fingers on the panel..

Am I  asking too much (again) ? Sad

A HDMI would if anything hinder the performance.

When the DVD2 was connected to the BeoSystem 3, the picture produced was worse than when connected via scart/RGB, because when connected via HDMI, the BeoSystem 3 assumed it was receiving a full HD signal (which it wasn't) and the 'HD scaling' was done in the DVD2.

I agree RE the CDDB CD naming, but other than that, the improvements B&O has made are a much bigger advantage. The whole thing is much nicer to use with good audible feedback...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-10-2008 2:03 PM In reply to

I was under the impression that the BS3 analysed the incoming signal then if needed scaled the signal to the output resolution as the BS3 is a scaler is it not.Unsure
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)