in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2008 6:59 AM by wjsVT. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2008 9:47 PM

• wjsVT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beogram CD 6500 does not play/no audio

I would be most grateful to receive help troubleshooting our cherished Beogram 6500 CD player, one of three components of our system (the other is a 5500 receiver and a 5500 cassette player).

Suddenly our CD player has stopped playing, We insert a CD and hit play from the remote control. The CD light lights up on the player but the track numbers do not illuminate and the CD does not play.

The radio works.

We have not previously encountered a situation like this.

I am wondering if I can trouble shoot this before bringing the CD player into our B & O dealer.

Thank you in advance for your guidance. 

• 04-06-2008 5:13 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram CD 6500 does not play/no audio

Sounds like your cd mech is not finding focus.

The first thing to try is to clean the laser lens in the cd player. Use a cotton bud damped in isopropanol or a clean handkerchief if these are not available.

Regards Graham

• 04-06-2008 7:12 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Another common problem with these is the CD catching on the loading tray due to the rubber suspension dampers aging. The whole CD mechanism then sits slightly lower than it should but the tray stays where it is which causes this problem. To test this simply wedge some folded paper in the top of the loading tray to force it down slightly with a CD loaded and press play. If it then plays then this is your problem.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-06-2008 7:51 AM In reply to

Then there's of course this classic problem I had in my newly acquired CD6500:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/72915.aspx

..but I'd suppose that would appear as a gradually worsening problem, not the player just quitting one day.

-mika 

-mika

• 04-07-2008 6:59 AM In reply to

• wjsVT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your excellent suggestions.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)