in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2008 8:37 PM by jk1002. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2008 9:27 AM

• gus293
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-31-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

No service for B& if you move countries?

I own a MX7000BEO4 television, which I bought in the UK and brought over with me when I moved to Uruguay.  Now this TV set stopped working as no electricity seems to reach it TV.  I telephoned the B&O service in Uruguay, which plainly refused to repair my television because 'this model was not sold in this country'.  This has been confirmed by email by B&O Headquarters themselves! 

So make a note:  If you move countries, you cannot have your B&O products repaired by an authorised agent. 

• 03-31-2008 10:34 AM In reply to

Re: No service for B& if you move countries?

Not quite true!

What they are saying is, because that particular model was not imported into Uruguay, they are not set up to service it. Their engineers have probably never been trained on that model as there were none in the country.

Quite understandable in my opinion. However, any real TV repair shop should be able to fix it. The MX7000 is not rocket science and uses of the shelf electronic components in the main.

The service manual is available to silver and gold members of this site.

Regards Graham

• 03-31-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

• gus293
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-31-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Exactly, you said it in your kind reply, joeyboygolf! 

It is not rocket science and the local engineers do not need to be trained to repair it.  Surely if silver and gold members have access to the manuals the local B&O engineers too! 

They are just too complacent and do not give a jot about their customers once they bought their overpriced TVs!

• 03-31-2008 12:22 PM In reply to

Local engineers, if trained at all, will only be able to recognise the general area in the set that is faulty and then replace the offending board or boards. They are really only fitters rather than electronic technicians!

So even if your B&O service agent had trained their staff in your particular model they would soon find that the boards are no longer available!!

What you need to find is a knowledgeable TV repair man who is used to working on his own initiative rather than a spoon fed B&O fitter who actually will know little more than you or I

Regards Graham

• 03-31-2008 8:37 PM In reply to

>>o make a note:  If you move countries, you cannot have your B&O products repaired by an authorised agent. <<

My think that depends on the type of repair. I know my local shop here flipped a Euro BV 7 32 to become US by changing the power supplies.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)