in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2008 3:03 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2007 5:31 PM

Beomaster 2000 - very weak sound

I found a Beomaster 2000 at a flea market yesterday. Thought it looked really cool and I've only heard good words of B&O, so I brought it home with me. The only problem is that I have absolutely no skills when it comes to hifi equipment...

When I plug in my Garrard record player (or my CD player for that sake) there is sound, but it's very weak. It's crystal clear, both from headphones and speakers, and I can control it using the volume controller, but when I put it on max it's like putting it on the lowest setting on any other amplifier. Another strange thing is that it persists both on the tape and radio settings, not only on phono.

Anyone got any ideas? 

• 09-30-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 2000 - very weak sound

Sounds like there is a fault in the power amplifiers but that the pre-amplifier is working fine. Will need servicing - which 2000? I have the older service manual on site though I imagine your in the newer aluminium and touch sensitive one.
  • 10-04-2007 3:18 AM In reply to

It's the one picture on the top of this page.

A service manual sounds great!

• 01-31-2008 12:45 PM In reply to

I've got one of these which I've had from new. Love it - but it needs a good service now. It's the one I've decided to keep and the others I have can go!

Andrew 

• 01-31-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

That is a lovely receiver - not worth a lot but wonderful sounding. The manual is on site but if you are not used to servicing electronics, I wouldn't bother! Tim Jarman who can be contacted at Beocentral might be able to fix this for you and is very reasonable! I bought my 2000 from him! In fact the very one you have pictured! Laughing
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)