in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2008 2:59 PM by Bluesteel53. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2008 2:07 PM

Beogram 1000 din plug wiring diagram

Hello, Can anyone tell me how to wire a new din plug to the cable of my Beogram 1000 record player?

The original has been cut off and i dont know which wire goes to which pin in the new plug.

Thanks

• 01-06-2008 2:46 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 din plug wiring diagram

Near-impossible for me to describe properly without a diagram. If this Beogram is new to you the service manual downloadable here is well worth it because it shows how to set up the tonearm properly and everything else - including the circuit diagram that'll answer your question.

I find that soldering a DIN plug is fraught with hassle because the plastic that hold the pins tends to soften under heat and the pins end up skewed - plugging it into a socket before I begin is the workaround I use for my poor soldering technique. I had the same problem as you with my Beogram, and I found it a lot easier to replace the entire lead with a ready-made extension cable from Maplin - I cut off the line socket and stripped the wire ends and soldered them into the Beogram.

Cheers, Steve

• 01-06-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 din plug wiring diagram

Thanks for that Steve, sounds like the best option as my soldering skills are not up to much.

Thanks  Phil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)