in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2008 5:10 PM by Craig. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2008 2:49 PM

• a11mcr
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-29-2007
    • Redcar,North East
    • Posts 154
    • Silver Member

Controling none B&O linear turntable via beomaster??

Hi all hope you all had a great christmas and new year!

I have a beocenter 9500 and just aquired a Sharp linear turntable (with 5 pin din connector) and was wondering if there was any way of controling it via datalink?? and if so what parts would i need?

Thanks

Mark

Kind Regards, Mark

• 01-04-2008 6:13 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Controling none B&O linear turntable via beomaster??

Cannot see there been any way of doing what you want. Not unless you could somehow fit the internals from a Beogram. Although at that point you might as well just get a Beogram.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-05-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

Agree with Craig. Datalink uses a 7 pin DIN and the turntable will need the Datalink board and this will need to be adapted to work the non B&O control mechanism.

I didn't know Sharp used DIN plugs though. I wonder if it is non DIN standard and if it uses the two pins that are redundant for some kind of Sharp communication language.  Is it supposed to work with a Sharp system or is the remote built into the record player?

• 01-05-2008 11:49 AM In reply to

• a11mcr
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-29-2007
    • Redcar,North East
    • Posts 154
    • Silver Member

Thanks both for your reply

Peter the deck came with the 5 pin din as a standard factory fit i am not sure if it was part of a system or not.

It is as new and in the box so for £1.99 i grabbed it quick!! and it sounds great on the BC9500 playing J M Jarre.

Looks like i will have to save up a few more pennys then?

Cheers

Mark

Kind Regards, Mark

• 01-05-2008 12:02 PM In reply to

I would just use it. You have to get up to change the record so remote control is not all it is cracked up to be with Beograms. I use a 4000 with my 5500 system as I prefer it and it is not remote control.
  • 01-05-2008 5:10 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

At £1.99 I too would of grabbed it quick. You can't go wrong at that kind of price. Would not worry about the remote feature of having a Beogram at that cost. Plus a replacement Styluys has got to be cheaper.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)