in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2007 12:12 PM by eddglynn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2007 6:34 AM

• eddglynn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London SE1
    • Posts 11
    • Founder

MCL problems...

Hi everyone

First I'd like to say the new site is looking great- good work guys!

Now, I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me figure out why this isn't working...
    I've got a BeoMaster 4500 in my lounge and an MCL 2AV in the kitchen and they're not talking to each other. The cable between the two is a brand new MCL cable which is definitely plugged in to the BM the right way round, as I can measure 9v on the pink wire which is I believe correct. The link eye is working because I can switch the link speakers on and off and change the volume, but I can't control the central source.
    I've also tried plugging the BeoVision L2502 from the lounge in to the MCL 2AV (with the link eye disconnected) to see if that could communicate over the MCL but without success.
    BM is set to option 1.6 and MCL to 2.6, although tinkering with options doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Do I have a hardware fault here? Is there something else I could try?

I know this whole set up is borderline antique, but I'd be very happy if I could get it working Smile

Thanks, Edd 

Edward Glynn London

• 04-19-2007 8:00 AM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

Re: MCL problems...

Your BM setting of 1.6 is a link room setting.

Try  setting it to option 1.

What option is your TV set at?

• 04-19-2007 8:23 AM In reply to

• eddglynn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London SE1
    • Posts 11
    • Founder

The TV is on Option 1, Slave and is Audio Aux Linked to the BM. Come to think of it I don't recall it ever communicating with the BM either- to get TV sound through the BM I push AUX,TV (BM switches on) TV (TV comes on). It will quite happily run with TV coming from the TV speakers and CD or Radio coming from the BM, which is not a good combination!

If I do Sound-1-Store then the .6 stays. Would Sound-1-0-Store do it? (I'm @ work right now so it's not in front of me) You might be on to something here...

Edward Glynn London

• 04-24-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

• eddglynn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London SE1
    • Posts 11
    • Founder

I've fixed it! It turns out that my Sky digibox was causing the problem- unplug the scart lead and everything works, plug it back in and nothing talks to anything else. I'm not 100% sure but my theory is that the TV might be expecting beolink on pin 8 and the Sky box is sending +12v. 

Edward Glynn London

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)