in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2007 10:19 AM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2007 5:43 AM

connections on a Beomaster 6500

I am NOT a teccie, nor do I know what the technical names for all the different types of connections ! 

Am, considering buying a second hand Beomaster 6500 as a radio /amp for my existing CD player and passive speakers. In theory it should be wonderful.

But can anyone tell me where I can find a photo of the rear of the 6500 that clearly shows the connection sockets I would have to use ? - I will then be able to tell if I can simple 'plug and play' or will have to get adaptors for my CD output and speaker cables.

Cheers

2nd Prize winner in the May 2010 draw

42 - The answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

• 07-30-2007 6:33 AM In reply to

Re: connections on a Beomaster 6500

The connectors are DIN on both the INPUTS and OUTPUTS

Regards Graham

• 07-30-2007 7:49 AM In reply to

garethingram1:

I am NOT a teccie, nor do I know what the technical names for all the different types of connections ! 

Am, considering buying a second hand Beomaster 6500 as a radio /amp for my existing CD player and passive speakers. In theory it should be wonderful.

But can anyone tell me where I can find a photo of the rear of the 6500 that clearly shows the connection sockets I would have to use ? - I will then be able to tell if I can simple 'plug and play' or will have to get adaptors for my CD output and speaker cables.

Cheers

What is your current CD player? If a non-B&O one, you could be better off with a BM5500 which has considerably more connections. If it is a B&O CD player with a DIN plug, then it will be plug and play with the BM6500 (If you plug it in the correct socket.....)

• 07-30-2007 10:15 AM In reply to

Peter, thanks for this, My CD player is a NAD. I will check tonight about the output etc. G

2nd Prize winner in the May 2010 draw

42 - The answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

• 07-30-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

It will have two plugs - one red and the other white or black. These are RCA connectors. They will fit on the BM5500 directly but you will need an adapter for the 6500. Don't really see the point as you will not have full remote control using your B&O remote. I would either get a NAD amplifier or a B&O CD player!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)