in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2008 7:41 PM by Iconic-AV. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2008 3:29 PM

beosound 9000 strange fault

Hi guys,

Im hoping you can help me with a strange problem that has developed on a beosound 9000

I recently sold a system to a lovely gentleman who has dreamed of having a beosound 9000 and beolab 8000s for many many years, who since we met has become more of a friend than a customer in a very short time and we chat quite regularly.

I had just had a new laser mech fitted so knew it would give many faultless years of service, it has been superb for a few weeks now.

Anyway to my point, it has today developed a fault in which after the 2nd or 3rd track on any cd in any position it simply stops and goes to standby.

I spoken to the engineer that fitted the new cd mech who im awaiting a reply from

I would really like to know if its something anyone has come across before, but more importantly id like to give him an answer to what it may be , as hell be without his machine for a short while , whilst in service

thanks in advance jay

jason

• 02-04-2008 3:42 PM In reply to

Re: beosound 9000 strange fault

Unlikely to be mechanical unless a cable is impeding the laser carriage. Suspect CD servo board?

Regards Graham

• 02-04-2008 4:07 PM In reply to

Thanks Graham ,

ill get it sorted for him either way but its nice to have something to tell him tonight,

much appreciated

jay

jason

• 02-04-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

By the way Jay (I should be a poet!) do you want these speakers that I keep tripping over?

Regards Graham

• 02-04-2008 7:41 PM In reply to

thanks for reminding me , it completely slipped my mind, ill sort it out tomorrow

thanks again

jay

jason

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)