in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2010 10:29 AM by moxxey. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-31-2010 5:05 AM

BV 7-40 Screen Problem

Hi All

I am back with yet another problem.  

I bought a new 7-40 earlier this year which was replaced within 2 months because of a fault with the screen.  It also had an early SW version (7.05) causing the fans to race. By the way, my local dealer had no idea how to fix this problem until I passed on your forum replies confirming a known problem fixed by a later SW release (8.02).  Thank you to everyone who helped me diagnose that problem.

Anyway, I regret to say that the replacement set has now developed the same screen problem.  I dont really know how to describe it but what happens is periodically the colours go and you end up with fuzzy green images. Remember the film Predator? Well, the alien had the same view of humans when it was using its heat sensor! (sorry, for the bad analogy) 

The problem comes and goes and is not consistent.  It is also definitely the TV, not the broadcast as it happens when you watch a DVD.

Anybody else had this problem? clearly its a fault and I am going to get it replaced but I am starting to question B&O's quality and their quality control process (or lack of)

I am also going to write to B&O HQ at some point and ask them what is going on.  My experience of local dealers is they are  technically poor and slow to react which is doing B&O's image in the UK no favours.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Paul 

• 07-31-2010 6:21 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV 7-40 Screen Problem

pheffner:

Anybody else had this problem?

Yes. My first MKIV had this problem and was replaced within a month with a brand new set. This was then replaced with a third set in January 2010! I've had three MKIVs in 8 months. The latest MKIV is fine.

Are you 100% sure they are replacing the panel? I'm always wary that the dealer simply swaps it out for another model that they have on display. Get them to order you a new model and swap it for this and make sure it's brand new!

BTW the Bath B&O store is neither technically poor nor letting B&O UK down. You might want to consider an alternative dealer?

• 08-02-2010 5:02 AM In reply to

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, I believe the TV was replaced with a brand new set - it took about 4 weeks to arrive.

Do you know what's causing the problem?  Six sets between us - design fault maybe? 

• 08-02-2010 8:36 AM In reply to

i've given up on bno , i really have

i was going to get one of these at xmas but after reading so many horror stories on here i don't think i need the brain damage

• 08-02-2010 10:29 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

pheffner:

Do you know what's causing the problem?  Six sets between us - design fault maybe? 

They did tell me the problem was "known" when my BV7-40 MKIV was replaced with another panel. ie. there is a hardware issue with the TV that causes the screen problem. Problem is, it was so long ago now I can't remember.

Anyone?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)