in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2007 1:22 PM by Peter. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2007 4:44 PM

Weird Speakerproblem

Hi everyone

I need your help before contacting my dealer.
    I bought a pair of BL9´s and Bl3´s for my BV 7-32 a little while ago. I am abslolutly thrilled by the sound this system provides. However, last weekend when listning to my 9´s in speaker 2 mode i found that it seemed one speaker(R) player louder and with way more bass than the other one(L). First i thought it was simply the balance beeing odd, but this was not the case. Then i checked for the speakerlevels in the soundsetup menue on my tv, nothing there either. SO i started wondering if i ruined one of my speakers so tryed to swich them around. The problem didnt move with the speakers, so it isnt the speaker. then i tried replacing the powerlinkcables, however that didnt help either. At last i swiched the frontcables in the sockets on my tv, no change either....

To be honest i am a bit confused about this... Cant seem to find out what can be the problem. Am i missing somthing??. Tried with different types of music and the problem still seems to be there. One speaker is placed in a corner and the other by a wall so i moved them out in the room when testing making sure that they were both set the same way. I really cant figure out how to solve this... maybe it is my hearing but had no problem whatsoever before. When listening to music in speaker 4 toning down the frontspeakers, the rearspeaker in the same side(R) seems to provide more power aswell. My conclusion is that somhow my right chanel on my tv provides more boost both to front and rear, than my left channel??? Can this be??

Please help me, i am getting used to your help so please dont let me down on this one 

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 06-14-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

Re: Weird Speakerproblem

Try plugging the front speakers into the BS3000 and see what that sounds like. It does seem that the surround sound module on the TV is acting up. Also try switching everything off at the mains for 5 minutes and then trying again. Let me know the results.

• 06-15-2007 5:49 AM In reply to

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, i will try your solution later today and keep you updatet on the progress.

• 06-15-2007 7:52 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Another thing to think about would be the positioning of the speaker. If in a corner, the bass can be boosted hugely, also if there's a reflective nearby which the sound could easily bounce off from the speaker towards where you listen, you would be amazed at the difference it could have.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-15-2007 12:41 PM In reply to

Hmm, went to my dealer and he suggested it could be the masterlink from my BS3200 to my BV7 so placed a cd in my dvdplayer. Yupp, he was right, there is no longer a problem with different sound. I recently linked my mx4200 to my main system and something must have gone wrong linking the mastercables in the junctionbox. Anyone know what colour should be the problem??

And thanks guys by the way. Nice to know there is always someone there to help you out.... :-)

• 06-15-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

Have a look at www.Beotech.co.uk for a wiring diagram!
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)