in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-13-2009 4:37 PM by tournedos. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2009 2:21 PM

Beo4 bug?

Of all my remotes, my favourite is the older Beo4 with the AV button. However, it seems to have a bug with the STAND command (I use it quite often, as I can see the TV from the kitchen if I rotate it). Sometimes - maybe once every second day - the STAND mode forgets to timeout from the display (usually it timeouts after 30 seconds or so since you last operate the stand). Then, when I try to rotate the stand "blind" I click once on LIST and then press a number, but as the remote hadn't returned to TV mode, I end up changing the channels randomly or something else....

Has anybody else noted this problem, and is there anything that can be done about it?

-mika

• 02-06-2009 5:48 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Beo4 bug?

Hi Mika

I've never noticed the Beo4 losing it's last mode chosen. By that I mean if you choose TV and adjust the stand it returns to TV after the stand times out. Have you other Beo4's you can compare it with?

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 02-06-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

Yes, I have one DVD version, but I've never really used it since I need the AV function quite often. I'll try and use it for a couple of days and see if it does the same...

-mika

• 02-06-2009 7:05 AM In reply to

• Stones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 18
    • Founder

I think I have experienced the same. Sometimes SPEAKER don't time out, and FORMAT as well. I have always thought that I am doing something that trigs this, but never investigated what I do.

• 02-06-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I had the same problem with 2 of my Beo4s. The remote didn`t (sometimes) return from temporary modes (STAND, SPEAKER....). They were both new V.MEM versions with sw 6.1.

Another thing I noticed: when you press LIGHT and LIST you normally get the LAMP mode, no matter what function you set to the first LIST-place. But some remotes go to that mode you set to the first place after pressing LIGHT. I could reset this with "Config.1" or "2....".

My dealer changed both Beo4s to new ones. 

Stefan

• 02-13-2009 4:37 PM In reply to

I have now been using my "DVD" Beo4 for the last week, and haven't noticed the problem once. Must be a bug in some versions of the Beo4 firmware.

I don't think the dealer will help with my 10 year old buggy version Big Smile

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)