in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2009 10:01 PM by Seven. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2009 6:50 PM

• Seven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2008
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

BeoVision 6 Issues - same for everybody?

Hi everybody,

I've now used a a BV6-26 for a few weeks, and have found a few problems. Maybe somebody could tell me if my telly is behaving the way all BV6 are? Thanks!

1. "Contrast" control doesn't change the picture one bit. I always looks the same way, no matter if it's in the middle, hard left or hard right. "Brightness" and "Colour" work fine, though.

2. Regarding picture formats, the manual states "If you have chosen Format 1 press << and >> to select variations of this format". Well when I'm pressing those buttons nothing changes for me.

3. Manual states "Press GO if you want to optimise the picture." Well nothing happens when I do so.

4. Manual states "Format 0 will make the picture go blank". It does, but doesn't dim the backlight on mine, so it still lights up considerably, making it not that feasible to use as a simple loudspeaker.

5. Additionally, I tried out the teletext-subtitle function. Problem 1: the top bar of the teletext function (Page, Program, Point, Halt...) stays always visible, which distracts, and no other tv brand that I'm aware of does it that way. Problem 2: While in subtitle mode, tv doesn't display widescreen signals correctly (picture is terribly squeezed, like in mode "Format 3").

6. Combining motor stand and timer: I've set the TV to turn to a different position when turned on. When waking up with the timer, the TV doesn't turn, though.

7. Hot tip: Just found this out: one can have a "sleep timer" function (provided you want to sleep at the same time every night): Create a new timer, and switch "Source" until "standbye" comes up. Handy :-)

8. Program Groups: Selecting a group is easy, but switching back to the mode where you zap through just all programs not so much. I pressed "Exit", but that didn't do the trick. "TV" works, but it's kind of "way up there" on the Beo4. I'd prefer to rest my fingers in the middle. Is there a way?

FYI, the exact type number of the device is 9251.

Thanks for any help!

• 01-28-2009 7:04 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 6 Issues - some for everybody?

Well, all i can say is what a headache! Have you spoken to your dealer?!?!

I can only answer 6.

All B&o TV's on motor stands do this. The TV has to powered up/down directly, for the motor to be operated - safety reasons (i understand this with the big heavy TV's but is a bit of a silly precaution on a 26" LCD! Laughing)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-29-2009 3:26 AM In reply to

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Re # 1. It did make a difference on my old set but not a huge difference. May be worth getting the dealer to check all is ok with the set.

Re #2. Is this straight after you've changed format or just in general usage. It may only work when you have selected format on your beo4, pressed 1 and then press left or right (though i'm only guessing)

Re # 4. When i used mine as a linked speaker it did the same when the source was switched but i think the screen powered down after a few mintues.

Christian

• 01-29-2009 3:29 AM In reply to

#2 I think you choose the different pictures in format 1 with the up and down button (not sideways).

I have a BV6, but I'm sorry to say I havent't tried all the questions you asked.

BV10, Avant DVD, BL5, BL4000, BS2300, BV6-26, MX 4002, 2xBeocom 6000, LC2

• 01-29-2009 8:43 AM In reply to

I have a BC6, not a BV6 but I can tell you than on mine 1, 2 and 3 works as the manual instructions above. To blank the screen you need to use Picture Mute in the Beo4 list. As for the rest, I use the integrated DVB-T module only so have not tried text or any mute functions.

Maybe there's a difference in this respect between the BV and BC, but I've never had need to adjust the picture settings (until I saw your post and decided to give it a go). I thought B&O was supposed to manage that for me!

• 01-29-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

Hardwriter:

I thought B&O was supposed to manage that for me!

The BV6 adjusts automatically as well. But if you for some reason needs to adjust manually it can be done.

BV10, Avant DVD, BL5, BL4000, BS2300, BV6-26, MX 4002, 2xBeocom 6000, LC2

• 01-29-2009 6:30 PM In reply to

• Seven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2008
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Many thanks for all your answers so far!

Dave:

Well, all i can say is what a headache! Have you spoken to your dealer?!?!

Well it's a second-hand device, so I unfortunately don't have any recourse. The device is working well, with fine picture and absolutely fabulous design, so I'm not complaining too much :-)

Dave:

I can only answer 6.

All B&o TV's on motor stands do this. The TV has to powered up/down directly, for the motor to be operated - safety reasons (i understand this with the big heavy TV's but is a bit of a silly precaution on a 26" LCD! :-D)

That's what I expected. Funny :-)

cjfc:

Re #2. Is this straight after you've changed format or just in general usage. It may only work when you have selected format on your beo4, pressed 1 and then press left or right (though i'm only guessing)

Yes, that's what I'm doing.

thavn:

#2 I think you choose the different pictures in format 1 with the up and down button (not sideways).

No, with up and down you change the part that is visible within the screen. The manual says that up/down and left/right have different functions.

My biggest wish would be to be able to see a full 4:3 picture on the BV6, with black bars on the left and right. None of the 3 "formats" do this, and I was hoping that the manual spoke about this. Can anybody's device do this?

• 01-29-2009 7:17 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

I think that you need to turn 4:3 on in the Picture Menu (within the service menu) to see standard images from analogue TV.

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 01-29-2009 10:01 PM In reply to

• Seven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2008
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Ratt Mussell:

I think that you need to turn 4:3 on in the Picture Menu (within the service menu) to see standard images from analogue TV.

Cool, it worked! Many thanks! Point 2 is now solved - once you turn that feature on, << and >> change between 4:3 slightly cropped+squeezed and 4:3 pillarboxed. Way to go! :-)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)