in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2008 4:46 PM by BandOkie. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2007 3:17 PM

BeoGram 4500 CD and 7-pin DIN connection...

Hello all, I am looking for help with the Datalink cable coming from the rear of a BeoGram 4500 CD. My grandparents gave this BeoSystem to me, as they were moving and no longer wanted it. It is all quite perfect and mint condition with the fantastic Penta speakers... They never even used the system.

Now for the problem: When the system was removed from the wall mounts, the Datalink cable (7-pin DIN) on the BeoGram 4500 CD was severed and the male end of the connector was not provided. I am going to purchase a standard 7-pin DIN and reconnect the individual wires myself. I have searched everywhere, but I cannot find a diagram showing how the different color cables are arranged throughout the individual 7 pins (red, white, black, blue, yellow, and two unshielded power).

If anyone out there has some advice or could point me towards this sort of diagram I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

-Max 

• 09-12-2007 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: BeoGram 4500 CD and 7-pin DIN connection...

There should be just 4 wires - right, left, ground and datalink.  So confess to being stumped! You need some friendly chap to have a look in their 4500 by pulling the plastic cover of the plug back. I am afraid mine is in Bellac so not much use!
  • 09-12-2007 4:06 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Max and welcome to BeoworldBig Smile
    Try this link, I think it may be just what you are looking for.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-12-2007 4:07 PM In reply to

Out of curiosity I have taken apart the Datalink cable coming from the BeoCord 4500 to see if I could copy its configuration with the BeoGram 4500 CD. I have found that the BeoGram has a colored wire (green) that the BeoCord does not have. From this I am assuming that the wiring configuration for the Datalink cable coming from the BeoGram 4500 CD is identical to the BeoCord 4500 sans the green cable.

I am waiting for another opinion before I forge ahead with this theory and destroy this system... 

• 09-12-2007 4:09 PM In reply to

Fantastic... C'est parfait.

Thank you very much! 

• 08-02-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

• BandOkie
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Owasso, Oklahoma - USA
    • Posts 112
    • Founder

I hope jumping in a year later is not like opening an old wound.  I hace a cd 4500 and the previous owner cut the end of the data cable to hard wire RCA cables.  This is helpful but I have 2 more questions.  In this diagram, am I looking at the plug end or the back where the wires attatch?  Second, where can I get a new connector to put on thr cable? Haven't won the Prize Draw yet, but I win knew bits of knowledge regularly.

Thanks for the help.

BandOkie
    Michael in Oklahoma

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)