in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2009 7:33 AM by mythos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2008 11:31 PM

Free Beogram 4002 rosewood trim

Hi folks,

I have a spare rosewood trim for a Beogram 400* if anyone would like it for free (it's from a 4002, type 5513). There are very minute, & I emphasize minute dents to the front corners. I just replaced it with a spare I found in E-Bay that is mint.

If you'd kindly pay for the shipping charges I'll be willing to mail it as I'd like to see someone make some reasonable use out of it rather than throwing it into the trash which seems a waste.

Best,

Duncan

p.s.-If someone out there has an aluminum brushed metal surround that goes around the platter that is free of dings, scratches, & so forth I'd be very interested! 

• 11-08-2008 7:50 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Free Beogram 4002 rosewood trim

Hi Duncan and welcome to beoworld.Smile

A very generous offer and one which I may be able to repay. I have some parts from a 4002 somewhere, I'll have a look and see if I have the surround you want - no promises of course but I'll do my best.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-09-2008 12:07 AM In reply to

re. Re: Free Beogram 4002 rosewood trim

Hi Chris,

You're more than welcome to the rosewood trim if you or anyone else would like it. If you have a piece to swap that would be fabulous but by no means necessary.

I have four of these tables believe it or not! A Beogram 4000, two 4002 5513's, & an early AC Beogram 4002 w/a CD4 switch on the side (I forget the type number of the top of my head). I'm hoping to match one of them up to a Beomaster at some point, but I'm being patient with E-Bay.

Cheers,

Duncan

• 01-09-2009 7:33 AM In reply to

• mythos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-09-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Re: Free Beogram 4002 rosewood trim

Hi I am keen if you still have it :-)

I rescued a Beogram 4000 from the rubbish tip about 4 years ago and am approaching the time to do something about it. Every fault mentioned here describes this deck perfectly and then some (including the aluminium strip)!

I live in South Africa and am very tied up with projects in Africa and Europe for the next 4 months, but then I have the space for some play...

Now the planning has begun.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)