in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-27-2008 10:08 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2008 2:20 AM

Change 4002 back to factory DIN

Hi,

My Beogram 4002 has been modified somewhere in its life to a straight RCA output. I'd like to change it back to original form with the DIN connector. 

• Where can I get a DIN connector, and where can I get electronic schematic to solder it correctly?

• Where can I get the DIN to RCA  cable so I can use the turntable?

thanks in advance

Craig

• 09-27-2008 6:52 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Change 4002 back to factory DIN

Hi Craig,

the service manual is on site for silver & gold members. To be honest for the work involved you could simply use an a adptor lead but I do understand you wanting to restore the Beogram to original - it's criminal the way people change these turntables to RCA. There's no real need for it and it seems to be quite common in the USA for some reason.

Din connectors are available from most electrical components retailers, you really only need a 5 pin one for your turntable. Same goes for DIN/RCA adaptor leads. Or there are plenty for sale on ebay - HERE'S one example which will allow you to connect to a B&O amp as your turntable is at present (you may need to run a seperate earth/ground cable though to prevent humming).

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-27-2008 10:08 AM In reply to

Re: Change 4002 back to factory DIN

The same had happened to my 4000. My dealer replaced the whole cable with a thick powerlink cable and cut off the middle pin. Works very well! Seems to have lots of shielding!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)