in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2008 3:59 AM by soundproof. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2007 1:05 PM

BV8+Beosys6500 - Option pgm?

I'd like to have my BV8 and Beosystem 6500 collaborate.

I have the converter box, and have connected the units with masterlink from BV8>converter and powerlink from converter<Beosys6500 TV/aux in.

Want to pipe the sound from the Beosys6500 to the BV8, and control both television and Beosystem.

What would you recommend as option settings for BV8 and Beosys6500? 

• 10-27-2007 1:13 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BV8+Beosys6500 - Option pgm?

It should be...

BV8 - Option 2

BM6500 - Option 0

This is how I have my BV3-32 & BS3000 setup.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-27-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

Thanks, Craig. You're right - and works very nicely!

Quite a resource this BeoWorld.

Forgive my being too lazy again: can I keep the image and listen to the Beosystem? 

• 10-27-2007 1:38 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

No problem, not sure about your last question though. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-27-2007 1:59 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

This can be done by (while watching the BV8) pressing "AV" and then the Source you want to listen to (Radio/CD).

AV needs to be added to the Beo4.

One follow-up question from my side: I use this option also sometimes (BS9000 connected to Avant 28"); but to me it seems that the sound quality is not as good as direct listening to the Beosound 9000. Is there a logical explanation for this?

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 10-27-2007 3:37 PM In reply to

Thanks, I'll look into the sound quality thing. Wouldn't think it should be a problem though - my understanding is that audio on ML is at Line Level. Could it be a question of different sound pressure and treble/bass/loudness settings on the two outputs you're using?

• 11-26-2007 5:04 AM In reply to

UPDATE: BV8+Beosys6500 - Option pgm?

Nice news.

I spent some time this weekend fiddling with the Beolink 5000 and the BV8/Beosystem 6500.

I've set the Beolink 5000 for One-Way Video and Two-Way Audio.

Then I set the Beomaster 6500 on Option 4 instead of 0. (BV8 option 2).

This has made it possible to control the BV8 in One-Way. What's nice is that I now have two-way control of my Beomaster 6500, with full programming and a quicker interaction than when I went through the BV8.

Both units are in the same room and I'm piping the sound to the BV8 for now (will connect a pair of Beolab 4500 active speakers to the units when the room's ready.)

It's quite nice to have clock, timer, programming, station and CD-track feedback again, while also being able to use the BV8 fully. If I could only figure out how to adjust formats on the BV8 with a Beolink 5000 then everything would be perfect! 

• 11-26-2007 5:44 AM In reply to

Re: UPDATE: BV8+Beosys6500 - Option pgm?

Very clever! Outside the envelope again I see!

As far as Format is concerned, I suppose the likelihood is that Format is a new code invented after the Beolink 5000 - unless we actually have a breakdown of the IR codes and it shows it is using a redundant old code, which would seem unlikely.

• 11-26-2007 8:36 AM In reply to

Peter:

As far as Format is concerned, I suppose the likelihood is that Format is a new code invented after the Beolink 5000 - unless we actually have a breakdown of the IR codes and it shows it is using a redundant old code, which would seem unlikely.

Yes, I'm certain you're right. Back when Beolink 5000 was launched 4:3 was the default format -- but it would be fun to find a key combination that enabled format selection!

Kind of pleased with how it's working now. Was fun to be programming the Beomaster again for my morning wake-up. 

• 11-27-2007 4:13 AM In reply to

When something's too good to be true!

Yes, I managed to get one-way control of a BV8 linked to a Beomaster 6500 that I have two-way control of. (Option 2 and Option 4, respectively).

But today I noticed that the BV8 is feeding the Beomaster with an additional IR pulse - turning 1 into 11 and one channel presses into two-channel jumps. That wasn't happening on Sunday -- but to anyone thinking of using a Beolink 5000 the way I have, maybe not so brilliant after all!  Angry

• 02-15-2008 8:05 PM In reply to

soundproof:
    Peter:

Yes, I'm certain you're right. Back when Beolink 5000 was launched 4:3 was the default format -- but it would be fun to find a key combination that enabled format selection!

Kind of pleased with how it's working now. Was fun to be programming the Beomaster again for my morning wake-up. 

Don't know if you resolved this yet, but you can access "FORMAT" by pressing [PICTURE]

I can, for example, fully control my BV7-40 with a beolink1000

[PICTURE] selects "FORMAT"

[PICTURE] [PICTURE] selects "STAND"

[PICTURE] [PICTURE] [PICTURE] [TV] enables "PICTURE and PICTURE"

by pressing [SOUND] I can change the "SPEAKER" mode

The Beolink 1000 also has the "PC" command for the Beomedia.

That can be selected by pressing [SHIFT] [STORE] 

• 02-15-2008 8:25 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Quite a few of features that you'd normally use your Beo4 for can be selected by Beolink 1000/5000.

F.e. on Beolink 5000, SHIFT + arrow (up/down/left/right) work like the color-buttons on Beo4.

• 02-20-2008 9:32 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

When something's too good to be true!

Yes, I managed to get one-way control of a BV8 linked to a Beomaster 6500 that I have two-way control of. (Option 2 and Option 4, respectively).

But today I noticed that the BV8 is feeding the Beomaster with an additional IR pulse - turning 1 into 11 and one channel presses into two-channel jumps. That wasn't happening on Sunday -- but to anyone thinking of using a Beolink 5000 the way I have, maybe not so brilliant after all!  Angry

Thats because your BV8 needs to be in option 1 ... I'm pretty sure you will lose the AV function but thats the only way to really be able to continue being able to enjoy the two way functionality of the BeoLink 5000.  

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 03-01-2008 3:59 AM In reply to

Alex' suggestion did the trick. For anyone following this thread, I've tried Option 2 for BV8 and 0 for the Beosys6500. That worked, though it gave me no feedback to the Beolink 5000 from the Beosystem.

I then tried to trick it and got tricked in return, the result being double inputs. (BV8 Option 2/Beosys6500 Option 4).

Alex' advice of using Option 1 for the BV8 is the solution. The Beosystem 6500 is in Option 4, and the Beolink 5000 in One-Way mode for AV and Two-Way for Audio.

I now get feedback to the Beolink from the Beosystem, I have full control of the BV8, and I just channel the sound from the Beosystem through the BV8 speakers by using the A/V button. For a moment I thought all was not perfection, as I tried muting the sound from the Beosystem, and while the Beolink was showing a mute being carried out, there was still sound.

Hmmm ...

Turns out you have to use the A/V button then, to return control to the BV8, and then mute. Perfecto!

And yes - option programming B&O is tricky.

Beosystem 6500 (Option 4) connected to the BV8 (Option 1) through a 1611 Converter box that connects to the masterlink of the BeoVision. Using the BeoVision speakers.

And to those who asked above regarding FORMAT and using Picture on the Beolink 5000. No, I can't get that to work, have to use the Beo4 - and it's kind of silly that the BV8 doesn't just stick with the previous formatting, requiring me to redo it every time.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)