in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-13-2008 5:16 PM by Keensteen. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2008 10:48 PM

Party!!! [<:o)] Help! ... replacing Beogram 4004 motor! Anyone know?

Help! Got a working motor and replacement looks easy, but which plug to plug drive belt motor back intoo???

Had a Beogram 4004 which no one could fix to advance properly. It would play for about 15 seconds, then would not advance. All other features worked fine. So, recently got another, that just needed a motor.

Removed motors to replace, but when I went to plug the working one in ...surprise. There are two identical 3 prong female that it can plug into. One is nearest to front of turntable, the other about 1/2 inch behind the nearest. The internal belt drive motor fits both. Maybe for different types of motors?? Anyway, I don't want to trial and error, as it might be a 50% chance of working...and a 50% chance of burning something out. I am in a 120v area, and both motors are DC3V, MHN-5P2RDS if that matters.

I'd really like to get one playing. Do you know which to use? I'd really appreciate help.

Thanks 

• 02-07-2008 3:24 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Help! ... replacing Beogram 4004 motor! Anyone know?

There are names of colors printed on the circuit board, near each connector. Plug the cable in the connector where the color fits the nearest wire in the cable.

Tricky one Yes -  thumbs up

Martin

• 02-08-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply!

Hmmm...had two colors printed there...red and black. The female connector nearest front of turntable had red, and as there were no black wires I plugged into it.

It works, but speed is too fast. I turned down 33 speed adjuster as far as I could, but it still runs too fast. It's not 45 speed, but maybe something like 37 speed. It's running enough faster to be annoying...whatever the speed. Should I try the other female connector? Or would that be a mistake??

I did find out that belt is correct length, and the new motor worked at correct speed on the old turntable.Any idea what's wrong?

Frustrated 

• 02-08-2008 3:20 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Check the speed offset trimmers on the main board. It's very common to see them fail. There is one for 33 and one for 45. Replace them both if in any doubt.
    They are located near the rearmost right corner in most versions.

Martin

• 02-08-2008 3:28 PM In reply to

Hi:

Curious post. Where did you find the new turntable? I recall see one without a motor on Ebay :)

Are you in the US?

Re. speed, I think Martin's got you down the right path.

Derek

• 02-13-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

Thanks much for your reply, I'll get it eventually...with help!
    Trimmers? Do you mean the controls on top to fine tune speed? If so, then that's not problem...as they both work. Turned them down to lowest speed and still too fast. I am so tempted to try plugging the motor into the other female insert marked black, the one behind the one marked red -which is now being used. Any idea what that would do?

• 02-13-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The trimmers accessible on the operator panel is for fine tuning in daily use. They have finger-operated wheels.

The ones, I am talking about, are offset- or ground-up adjustments with which you set the center of the others to the exact correct speeds. They are adjusted using a tiny screwdriver and sits, as mentioned above, on the main circuit board = below decks. You will easily find them on the schematics.

If you are sure about the colors of the wires in the plug, better leave it there, you might just introduce a new fault.

Martin

• 02-13-2008 5:16 PM In reply to

Big Smile [:D] Re: Help! ... replacing Beogram 4004 motor! Anyone know?

Thank you! Thank You! THANK YOU!

It is purrfect now! Could not have done without your aid! 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)