in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2007 10:19 AM by Pat. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (25 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2007 7:19 PM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Masterlink: the missing product?

Okay, maybe I'm not so adept with wire-stripping... I can admit that. But why does B & O NOT make a simple accessory, which could make them a ton of money: The Masterlink Junction Box, a TRUE masterlink junction box where terminated ML cables can be plugged in without having to strip them!

Yes, I know B & O Still make the ML Distributor, but that relegates the plugged in cables to being Link 1 through 4. 

Anyone have any ideas?

I did buy up a junction box and unterminated cables recently, just because I coudn't find a simpler and less time-consuming solution.

-Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-28-2007 8:07 PM In reply to

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Re: Masterlink: the missing product?

You are right. My dealer always cut and split the ML cables when I add equipment, instead of adding a junction box.

He says that a simple junction box does not exist and splitting cable produce better signal quality.

What can I say... 

• 09-28-2007 8:25 PM In reply to

I don't really understand....It seems that the ML Distributor does the job......it will connect up to 4 ML's...yes??

• 09-28-2007 9:00 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but when I was experimenting with the ML distributor I had laying around, the connections led to exactly what they were labeled...

Let me explain: I connected a short ML cable from my BS9000 into the AUDIO port of the ML distributor. Then out of one of the LINK 1-4 ports, I connected a longer ML cable to the Beoport Box (I have on order one long cable, but I wanted to see if it would work in the meantime, thinking the distributor would "daisy chain" two short cables into one long one). Well the Beoport Box now only responded to Link. There's something in the distributor's innards which lead it to only work in LINK setups, as such: aptly named: DISTRIBUTOR! he he he

Well, I wish there were a Masterlink "Junctioner" Box!

-Sal
  • 09-28-2007 9:31 PM In reply to

There is a junction box available. I think it has 8 slots for ML. Happy to be corrected if i'm wrong.

jazz

• 09-28-2007 10:26 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

PLEASE let this be true! Can anyone post an part # and price?

-Sal
  • 09-28-2007 10:50 PM In reply to

Part number 3634001

no picture though i'm sorry.

jazz

• 09-29-2007 2:08 AM In reply to

There are several different Masterlink junction boxes available from B&O and others.

Below is three examples of junction boxes for wired or plugged connections

Masterlink

Regards Keith....

• 09-29-2007 2:19 AM In reply to

the one i've seen looks simpler than this.

i'll see if i can find a picture..

jazz

• 09-29-2007 2:35 AM In reply to

Jazz,

I guess you are talking about the following available from B&O:-

B&O Junction box

Regards Keith....

• 09-29-2007 3:48 AM In reply to

I use the white version (3132220) of the model which Keith have shown the picture just above, and it works simply great, I did myself all the connections of 4 ML cables (the maximum it supports) BV+BS+Beoport+BLActive;
    30 minutes to strip carefully all the ML wires, and 5 minutes to fix them in the box.

I don't know the price because it was a gift from my dealer (so I can imagine it will be really cheap Wink)

Santiago

• 09-29-2007 4:39 AM In reply to

I've found the pic that i wanted to show you but i don't know how to attach it to the thread. I've emailed to beoworld so hopefully they can put it on here for me

jazz 

• 09-29-2007 9:01 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

And here we have it - courtesy of Jazz!

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-29-2007 10:07 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

The picture above is what I have: the dsitributor. One can slightly make out the labels above the ML receptacles in the picture: From left to right: Audio, Video, Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4. If they weren't relegated to LINK only that would be what I am looking for.

In Keith Saunders' post above, if I see it correctly, the rightmost "junction box" has 6 ports for plugging in Masterlink cables. Is the part number that Jazz posted: 3634001 that exact box?

Will this box allow me to string together multiple shorter lengths of ML cable to make one long continuous cable, as well as split it where needed to connect to items in the same room without splicing?

Again, please tell me if 3634001 is the correct part number, and I'm calling my dealer ASAP!

-Sal

• 09-29-2007 10:09 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Santiago:

I use the white version (3132220) of the model which Keith have shown the picture just above, and it works simply great, I did myself all the connections of 4 ML cables (the maximum it supports) BV+BS+Beoport+BLActive;
    30 minutes to strip carefully all the ML wires, and 5 minutes to fix them in the box.

I don't know the price because it was a gift from my dealer (so I can imagine it will be really cheap Wink)

Santiago, the US retail for the small junction box is $15, relatively cheap for B & O standards, but I'll pay more for convenience any day.
  • 09-29-2007 10:54 AM In reply to

Sal:

The picture above is what I have: the dsitributor. One can slightly make out the labels above the ML receptacles in the picture: From left to right: Audio, Video, Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4. If they weren't relegated to LINK only that would be what I am looking for.

-Sal

What do you mean? the Label on the box is just a guide, it makes no difference if you plug your BS9000 in Video or Link1, link 2... it's just a junction box!

Regards Stig

• 09-29-2007 12:36 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Hmmm, the results I got when plugging it in didn't give me the impression that it was purely a junction box. I'll have to try it again.

-Sal 

• 09-29-2007 1:33 PM In reply to

If you have more than 20 m of cable in total, the big junction box, that is normally reserved for shops (so that they can easily connect and disconnect their equipments in the store) may not work.

The little connection boxes connect 2 wires additionaly and provide more voltage.

I have more than 20m and it works with the big box, but if you are experiencing problems with slow ML then you need at list one small junction box in the whole ML network.

p. 

• 09-29-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Well, I'd still like to know the product number for the rightmost picture in Keith Saunders' post.

THanks!

-Sal

• 09-29-2007 1:43 PM In reply to

I have used one of them with 100m+ in total, no problem there... 
  • 09-29-2007 3:17 PM In reply to

Hi Guys...quick and really important question....for my current install..

I've got that ML Distribution box from above...and i've got to link 3 rooms plus connect my BS9000 .....is that the right box??

THanks,

K

• 09-29-2007 3:34 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Frank Rizzo:

Hi Guys...quick and really important question....for my current install..

I've got that ML Distribution box from above...and i've got to link 3 rooms plus connect my BS9000 .....is that the right box??

THanks,

K

Seems like the easy and correct solution to me, Frank.
    -Sal
  • 12-16-2007 8:23 AM In reply to

• Pat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Zurich - Switzerland
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi all

As new joiner, I am reading with myself with interest through the forum - and there is already a topic that concerns me as well.

The background - I am operating a BeoCenter2 with a B&O Avant TV, and have the loudspeakers BL6000 and BL3 to it - now I want to have a wireless connection to my new BL3 operating in another room in the flat. The B&O shop sold me a ML distributor (the same as shown in earlier pictures in the threat with the sockets audio, video and 4 links). Usually, the ML from the TV is attached to the socket of the BeoCenter2, but then I cannot operate the wireless, if I attach the ML to the wireless one, my BeoCenter2 does not work on the loudspeakers.

The ML distributor does not help much - or, do I need to attach the ML Distributor with an own ML cable to the socket of my BeoCenter2? That was not was the dealer told me... complicated? I still hope some of you has an idea.

Regards, Pat

• 12-16-2007 8:53 AM In reply to

You need to connect every thing to the box with ML BC2, Avant and the Wireless (set to transmit)

Welcome to beoworld Smile

• 12-16-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

• Pat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Zurich - Switzerland
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi - thanks for your quick answer, that is service  and your welcome!

Now I have only two ML cables (one for the transmitter and from the Avant) - so I need a third one, and the dealer could have well told me that, as I asked him exactly that.

Page 1 of 1 (25 items)